Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's a Great Day in South Carolina
It's a Great Day in South Carolina
Confederate flag being taken down permanently from the State House grounds tomorrow morning, 10 AM.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
RE: It's a Great Day in South Carolina
The country is falling apart for the religious right. The end is nigh. Next we start herding the christian majority into concentration camps.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Sooo when's the end of the world then? I need to know in advance to buy some steaks for the BBQ on the smoldering remains of our planet
Hey Americans what's the big deal about this flag? Is it a symbol of imperialism or something? Weren't the States a confederation before becoming by mutual consent a federation?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 9, 2015 at 5:20 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Hey Americans what's the big deal about this flag? Is it a symbol of imperialism or something? Weren't the States a confederation before becoming by mutual consent a federation?

It's the battle standard for states which seceded in defense of a state's right to maintain the legal chattel slavery of black Americans.

So basically it represents racism against blacks? Well, that's some though shit.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(July 9, 2015 at 5:05 pm)Chad32 Wrote: The country is falling apart for the religious right. The end is nigh. Next we start herding the christian majority into concentration camps.

That's what I hear. After we take their guns and burn their Bibles, of course.
Just wait until all the protesters show up screaming about "heritage" and "states rights".
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 9, 2015 at 5:30 pm)Dystopia Wrote: So basically it represents racism against blacks? Well, that's some though shit.

I think there are some people for whom it truly represents something besides racism, but I also believe they're a minority, and if they had a little more empathy, they would realize it should not be displayed on the State House grounds with the imprimature of the State.
(July 9, 2015 at 5:33 pm)Beccs Wrote: Just wait until all the protesters show up screaming about "heritage" and "states rights".

It'll blow over. It might take a decade or two.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 767 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 573 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  A Great Tune Minimalist 0 266 August 31, 2018 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  American workers' wages stagnant, even in a great economy: why? Aegon 74 6860 August 15, 2018 at 4:29 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Rick Wilson Is A Great Ex-Republicunt Minimalist 0 256 August 6, 2018 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  US more like apartheid South Africa than 1940s Germany? Clueless Morgan 25 1953 July 18, 2018 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Great Businessman My Ass. Minimalist 27 3768 July 16, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  America is still not great Anomalocaris 17 2844 April 17, 2018 at 11:49 am
Last Post: henryp
  And If You Really Need To Find A Dumb Fuck, So. Carolina Is The Place To Look Minimalist 13 1274 April 7, 2018 at 7:52 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Here's A Great Big "Fuck You." Minimalist 1 393 February 13, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4