Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Egg shaped planets do exist...
Egg shaped planets do exist...
Wasp 12b is a really curious planet:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WASP-12b

"The planet is so close to WASP-12 that the star's tidal forces are distorting it into an egg shape and pulling away its atmosphere..."

So the Quran was right after all...? Oh wait, the Quran says the Earth is egg shaped...never mind then. While we're on the subject of the Quran and astronomy, I'd like to highlight this astronomically inaccurate verse:
http://www.quranx.com/53.49
Quran 53:49
That He is the Lord of Sirius (the Mighty Star);

The Quran forgets to say that Sirius is actually two stars. The Quran seems to ignore the fact that Sirius is a binary star system. Whoops! Wouldn't that have been an amazing opportunity to confirmation that Allah is real?

RE: Egg shaped planets do exist...
What? A book of bullshit wrong about astronomical facts? Who'd have thought it.
(July 16, 2015 at 3:31 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: So the Quran was right after all...? Oh wait, the Quran says the Earth is egg shaped...never mind then.

But... what if... WE'RE really on Wasp 12b and the planet we think is called Wasp 12b is really EARTH?! Bow Down Thinking Worship (large)
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(July 16, 2015 at 3:31 pm)MrNoMorePropaganda Wrote: The Quran forgets to say that Sirius is actually two stars.

Yep, and if that fact had been mentioned in the Quran, that would really be remarkable, as it's a binary that is notoriously difficult to resolve - it would have been impossible to resolve in the 1st millennium CE, and for much of the 2nd.
Quote:Egg shaped planets do exist...

Let's worship the Easter Bunny.
I'll get the chocolate!!
You know what's tempting for me to do? Make up my own Quran miracle claim, which I would know is false, and see how many people believe me. But I could never allow myself to knowingly lie to people like that.

Maybe I'm the first to notice this...

but Pluto is now known to have the heart-shaped region.

Doesn't anyone think this is PROOF POSITIVE, Venus/Aphrodite is the True Goddess we should all be worshiping?

I mean, come on, a HEART! What are the odds? Goddess of love, valentines day=hearts, hearts=love, etc.

PROOF POSITIVE! Us hardened atheists are always asking for a sign. Well there is your sign buddy. Right there on Pluto where anyone with $750 million and centuries of technological advancement can see!
Looks more like an upside-down butt to me, tbh.

All hail Anusius?
Well, some modern theories on the origin of the heart shape suggest it's a representation of a female's buttocks (or vulva)
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it ever physically possible for a broken egg to reassemble into an unbroken one? GrandizerII 39 3971 June 13, 2020 at 5:52 am
Last Post: UtilitarianDeist
  Do electrons exist? Macoleco 40 3648 April 8, 2019 at 7:22 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Do Gravitons Exist? Rhondazvous 18 2745 November 21, 2016 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  Reality doesn't exist until we observe it. dyresand 36 5737 July 15, 2015 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why god doesn't exist dyresand 2 1063 May 15, 2015 at 2:18 am
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  Supersized rocky planets are out there. downbeatplumb 40 6451 June 24, 2014 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Does proof of time not exist in science? fr0d0 21 4824 June 23, 2014 at 3:40 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Tightly Packed Planets thesummerqueen 2 1531 October 17, 2012 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Infinite number of planets with life rafa360 41 18975 June 6, 2012 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Tidal Forces on Alien Planets thesummerqueen 1 1397 February 25, 2012 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: passionatefool