Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A message to the Religious
A message to the Religious
You're all fucking melons. 

Please let that sink in.

You're ignorant, foolish, wishful thinking morons. You're all afraid of the dark and you desperately need something to cling onto. Let's face it, you only argue to convince yourselves. You think if you say "it's real it's real" enough times he might actually exist and he might actually be watching you and he might actually give two shits about what you do with your petty and insignificant life.

Religion is bullshit. It's clearly man made. It's clearly full of discrepancies. It's clearly full of contradictions. It's just so mindbogglingly obvious. In some form or another you're all wilfully ignorant. You want to believe in this shit. And the amount of gymnastics some of you guys do to justify your brand of bullshit would win gold at the Olympics. 

Isn't it always great how it's your version of Christianity, or Islam, or Judaism, or whatever else that's the correct version too? God forbid you ever consider being wrong (literally). That would require some actual thought wouldn't it? That would require not being a mind slave to a man made myth. The sad thing is, those few of you who do consider being wrong, are usually too pussy to overcome the fear of eternal damnation that's been bashed into their skulls.

"Oh but you can't get your morals without religion"

"We didn't evolve from monkeys"

"Who are you to question god?"

"You are born in sin"

"What created the universe if not god?"

"Why do you believe George Washington existed but not Jesus?"

"<Insert ridiculous, childish, moronic religious quote here>"

Are you people for fucking real with this shit? Can you honestly not see how dumb your religion keeps you? Wake up for Christ's sake!

Does it really need to be explained to some of you why these lines are so fucking stupid?

Judging from the amount of shitposts on this forum I'd say it does, unfortunately. It's quite laughable really. There are literally people so dense, so ignorant, who come onto this very forum to compare the historical evidences for Washington, with Jesus. Who tell us we're going to hell if we don't believe. Some even going as far as to argue if evolution is a real thing. 

It is literally ridiculous. It's actually incredibly sad that there are people out there, millions of people, who are brainwashed/mindfucked/zombified whatever you want to call it, into believing this shite that dumbs down our entire species. And we hear the same things, the same arguments, the same lines of bullshit, over and over and over again. 

The bottom line is this:

There's no evidence for your god. None. Zip. Not one single fucking ounce. We can talk about "miracles", "revelations" and sons of gods and illiterate merchants being spoken to by angels blah blah blah. It doesn't make your god any more fucking real. But it does make you all the more stupid for believing it. If you think god speaks to you then you need to go to a psychiatric unit ASAP. If you don't, then you have no good reason for believing in fairy tale.

And I could challenge you to bring evidence to the table, but what would that achieve? It's been done before hundreds of times, not just on this forum but throughout history. If god's existence was going to be conclusively proven I think it would have already been done by now, don't you? No, it's pretty damn apparent your standards of evidence are far below a rationally thinking person's. So why bother?

I just wanted to say this. You people really have to grow out of this bollocks you know. The sooner you realise that the shit you preach is bullshit, the better for everyone. Including you. Yeah you're gonna die, and there is no heaven, and no amazing reward of 70something virgins. But hey, everyone dies. Bout time you got over that fact and come to terms with it, instead of believing this religious bullcrap that's poisoning the minds and intelligence of people all over the world. 

Predicting butthurt religious people in 3... 2... 1...
RE: A message to the Religious
Sometimes being nice is not the way to go Tongue I could probably never write down what you just did because I was raised to be super polite and respectful to people - But I appreciate the work. Kudos.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

I agree that people simply cannot rationally defend their religion. I'm now almost certain it's impossible, I may even make a challenge thread about this.

I see most religious people as victims. I assume the vast majority have been mind raped (indoctrinated). People can break out of it, but I know it can't be easy. Now more than ever, information is out there. Atheists are out there. Their bullshit is ripped apart everywhere, they only have to look and think. But breaking your own programming is hard. They have been programmed.

I thought this video might be OTT for the forum but it sits nicely here Tongue Easily offended Muslims shouldn't watch.

Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Hmmm melons....

[Image: drooling-homer-simpson.jpg]
(July 19, 2015 at 8:34 am)robvalue Wrote: they only have to look and think

I know people are indoctrinated but is this really that hard? I'd say it's an innate thing that we look and think for ourselves. How anyone can do that and still come to the conclusion that a god exists, and moreover that this brand of religion is 100% on the money, highlights a very clear wilful ignorance.
I sometimes think similarly - It's so obvious right? It's not like I think god has been disproved, but why not step on the side with the odds? No one loses anything for being an atheist, and if someday someone proves there is a god, you can accept the evidence as a rational human being and start believing (This time with reason) - I think it's obvious, why believe at all? Why go trough the hassle of worshiping and following rules all the time? Sure, I don't think religion is the biggest cause of evil of all time and I dont' think evil will go away without religion - But this isn't about being good or evil or nice or rude, it's about what's more likely to be true. A friend of mine who also studies sociology points out reasons why people believe and why religion is appealing - The thing is, all those reasons are interesting and true (like that religion provides comfort) but none of them, even if interesting for sociologists, says anything about it being true or not, it's just reasons that make people happier or comfortable.

I think there may be a predisposition in people's brains - I can't judge a creationist who doesn't know shit about science and therefore thinks we come from Adam and Eve, or a person who was not taught about how natural is homosexual behavior and therefore thinks it is a sin - I can try to change people's minds, but I try not to pick on people who I know have less skills, it would be like picking on someone who is blind for not seeing.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

It used to be said that the erstwhile BBC Television Centre was built in the shape of a torus so that the same old ideas could go round and round. Religions and the mechanisms on which they depend are precisely like that - a resonating chamber for the propagation and amplification of the same tired old rhetoric. It's why we see the same shit time after time after time - Hitler was an atheist; evolution is unscientific; Dawkins believes in aliens; irreducible complexity; five minimal facts; carbon dating doesn't work; and so on ad nauseam. Unlike the scientific arena, there's no fact checking, no error correcting, precious little retraction, no motivation for any of these things and every motivation for the opposite. They're not known as unsinkable rubber ducks only because they're fun to hold underwater.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Napo Wrote:You're all fucking melons

As a non-melon with melon friends and relatives, I am deeply offended by your choice of words. Harumph.
I don't know. I really don't. I'm surrounded (metaphorically speaking) by people who might as well be telling me they believe in Santa. The fact that they can't see that this is a very apt comparison just speaks to the level of indoctrination.

I would love to think that no matter how hard I got mind raped, I'd somehow find my way out of it and back to reality. But I can't be sure of that. I have no idea how hard the people on this forum have been mind raped. Probably to very varying degrees. If I had to guess, we're probably getting higher than average amounts. Some people just can't seem to think straight and can barely talk about the subject while making any sense at all. Some people just lie constantly. And some are obviously highly intelligent people, probably more intelligent than me. But the absolute utter bullshit I read on here... It's like they have two brains. A healthy one for everyday life, and then a diseased broken zombie fucked up bag of garbage for the religious discussion. I always just wonder if they know they are talking bullshit or not. I think some are genuinely that broken that they don't. They're so used to defending it any way they can, they stopped caring or noticing long ago.

I don't know man. I share your frustration. But I also empathise because they are victims. For all my problems, I'm extremely lucky that my brain wasn't raped. At least not religiously, I am fucked up in other ways thanks to my parents. So I can feel their pain in that way, I have irrational beliefs about myself that I have to challenge daily. But I do it, nevertheless, and I beat them.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 19, 2015 at 8:45 am)Neimenovic Wrote:
Napo Wrote:You're all fucking melons

As a non-melon with melon friends and relatives, I am deeply offended by your choice of words. Harumph.

As a person who may or may not be known to have fucked melons, I too am offended at the suggestion that I am also religious.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My forum message to theists robvalue 28 3957 December 28, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Short message for the Religious Heat 6 1519 December 22, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Heat
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32812 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  Message from American to Europeans goddamnit 36 10436 September 15, 2012 at 6:43 am
Last Post: Red Celt
  A message to Islam Brian37 30 8665 September 14, 2012 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Message for all theists Phil 66 23083 March 12, 2012 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religious people giving out papers with a disturbing message.... superstarr 28 11976 September 30, 2010 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: superstarr