Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 3:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious people giving out papers with a disturbing message....
Religious people giving out papers with a disturbing message....
A couple days ago in my home city, there were some religious people hanging out near schools giving students little papers that contained a message in the front that was just odd and disturbing.

"It's human to believe in God"

What do you think? How in anyway would this make total sense? because if you ask me, it means that roughly 70% of the human population isn't "human"
RE: Religious people giving out papers with a disturbing message....
Technically, Islamic, Jewish and Christian people all believe in the same God, so most of the human population does believe in God, or more than you've said at least.

On another note, that is a "disturbing" message in the since that they are trying to guilt/brainwash people into believing in God, and you should do something about it. Along with those stupid religious tracks where they make it look like money but put a stupid religious message inside of them. Grrr... D:<
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
(September 24, 2010 at 7:21 pm)chasm Wrote: Technically, Islamic, Jewish and Christian people all believe in the same God, so most of the human population does believe in God, or more than you've said at least.

On another note, that is a "disturbing" message in the since that they are trying to guilt/brainwash people into believing in God, and you should do something about it. Along with those stupid religious tracks where they make it look like money but put a stupid religious message inside of them. Grrr... D:<

Well muslims don't believe in the "exact same" God as Christians, and the message was from a Christian Church. I think I should have mentioned that. Confusedhock:
go to Kinko's and make you some Atheist flyers like ... Enjoy life its the ONLY one you have for sure.. or what ever im sure there are some good ones out there..... then go hand them out in frount of their church on Sunday Smile or better yet just put a spin on what ever they hand out like replace human with Childish Smile
Did I make a good point? thumbs up Smile I cant help it I'm a Kudos whore. P.S. Jesus is a MYTH.
Not as disturbing as it is senseless when their whole advertisement is nothing but an appeal to common belief fallacy.

Like handing out flyers that state "It's human to believe cycling is dangerous", it's utterly pointless and redundant. I hope they didn't kill too many trees to accomplish this amazing feat of human ingenuity.
My problem is it being near to a school. I don't understand why some Christians feel the need to push their religion into public schools. IF they want their kids to be taught Religion, they need to do their job as parents and teach it at home. If they can't then send them to a private religious schools. The really need to meditate on Matthew 22:21 and keep Church and state separate, IMO.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
It sounds like they took a couple of the actual scientific studies that were swirling around talking about brain activity and how it seems we're wired to find patterns and meanings in things and put their own spin on it.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
I actually saw someone drop off a pile of fliers at my high school. I said "Jesus is the only way out of hell" Then it had a poem. By the style of the fliers seems Jehovah witness-like.

They need to stop it.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Quote:Technically, Islamic, Jewish and Christian people all believe in the same God,

They would all gladly kill you for saying that.

With "love" of course.
(September 24, 2010 at 6:43 pm)superstarr Wrote: A couple days ago in my home city, there were some religious people hanging out near schools giving students little papers that contained a message in the front that was just odd and disturbing.

"It's human to believe in God"

What do you think? How in anyway would this make total sense? because if you ask me, it means that roughly 70% of the human population isn't "human"

Sure, its human to believe in god, like its human to be in error. Pretty much the same thing if you ask me Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1081 75639 Yesterday at 8:38 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 11807 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  The most disturbing image I saw in my life WinterHold 86 8426 April 16, 2023 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 651 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 895 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Religious people in the medical field Foxaèr 35 7083 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 4960 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Religious texts used to manipulate people Foxaèr 13 3765 June 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  How do religious people justify raising and slaughtering animals for food? Alexmahone 113 13017 December 6, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Little Rik
  How do religious people react to their own arguments? Vast Vision 60 16412 July 9, 2017 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Astonished