Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message for all theists
Message for all theists
Here is a public service announcement for our resident theists.

[Image: notrevolvearoundyou.jpg]
RE: Message for all theists
Oh, I don't think all of them believe that.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 11, 2012 at 7:30 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Oh, I don't think all of them believe that.

On the contrary my dear, all theists think that humans are special in the universe. That boils down to them simply believing the universe is a special creation for them, IOW - IT REVOLVES AROUND THEM. You do know that is a saying about their self-importance and not a scientific statement, right?
I love it how they think that we are the sole purpose of the entire universe. Such an incredible level of arrogance. The need to feel 'special' in some way.
I've just saved that onto my computer. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(March 11, 2012 at 7:56 am)Ace Otana Wrote: I've just saved that onto my computer. Big Grin

THIEF.

I stole it to so go right ahead.
I'm amazed at the cowardice of some people.
Theists, you think you're so big and important that your god has a plan for you?

[Image: Sun_and_VY_Canis_Majoris.png]

Still feeling egocentric now?
(March 11, 2012 at 7:37 am)Phil Wrote: On the contrary my dear, all theists think that humans are special in the universe.

Bullshit. Theism = belief in God, just as Atheism = disbelief / non-belief in God. Theism is not specific about kinds of Gods, just as Atheism is not specific about kinds of Gods.

Deism, for instance, is a theistic belief, yet most (if not all) deists believe in an impersonal God, who cares either very little or not at all about the goings on of humans, or the rest of the universe at large. You can't round up all the "personal God" Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc under the banner of "theism"; it doesn't work that way.
(March 11, 2012 at 10:43 am)Tiberius Wrote:
(March 11, 2012 at 7:37 am)Phil Wrote: On the contrary my dear, all theists think that humans are special in the universe.

Bullshit. Theism = belief in God, just as Atheism = disbelief / non-belief in God. Theism is not specific about kinds of Gods, just as Atheism is not specific about kinds of Gods.

Deism, for instance, is a theistic belief, yet most (if not all) deists believe in an impersonal God, who cares either very little or not at all about the goings on of humans, or the rest of the universe at large. You can't round up all the "personal God" Christians, Muslims, Hindus, etc under the banner of "theism"; it doesn't work that way.

Who cares about the finer nuances of what their fantasy god does or doesn't do? There are as many of those as there grains of sand. And each about as important. Don't let your attention be diverted by flaky details: they all still worship a sadistic, murderous, egocentric god, and emulate Him – "in His Name" – at every opportunity. So they are all potential and defacto murderers at the drop of His Hat*.

And what should we do with murderers...?

*that is: when the church tells them that He commands it. E.g. the crusades.
(March 11, 2012 at 7:37 am)Phil Wrote:
(March 11, 2012 at 7:30 am)thesummerqueen Wrote: Oh, I don't think all of them believe that.

On the contrary my dear, all theists think that humans are special in the universe. That boils down to them simply believing the universe is a special creation for them, IOW - IT REVOLVES AROUND THEM. You do know that is a saying about their self-importance and not a scientific statement, right?

What colour is the sky on your planet? All theists believe that humans are special in the universe? Really?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To All Those Theists Who Aren't In It For The Swag Edwardo Piet 17 2911 June 2, 2018 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Our theists of all labels please answer.... Brian37 92 12243 April 25, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20843 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12799 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  My forum message to theists robvalue 28 3977 December 28, 2016 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Short message for the Religious Heat 6 1525 December 22, 2015 at 9:51 pm
Last Post: Heat
  A message to the Religious Napoléon 55 10055 July 20, 2015 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Questions for theists (and ex-theists, too) Longhorn 15 4886 April 23, 2015 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: orangebox21
  Thread for all theists Dystopia 5 1245 July 19, 2014 at 1:33 am
Last Post: Polaris
  Theists: What makes your claims right and the claims of other theists wrong? Ryantology 29 8162 March 21, 2014 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Phatt Matt s