Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those who are always twisting peoples words...
For those who are always twisting peoples words...
So, a lot of people all over the internet twist my arguments to mean something they want it to so they can debunk false arguments over the real ones. It's rather irritating. This mostly happens when religious people try to convert me to their religion, or when I'm debating Climate Change deniers.

Here's what it looks like when I twist the wordsto make it easier to call the God of the Bible; evil... not that it's even difficult to begin with. Twisting someones words can mean the difference between this:

Isaiah 45:7 "I form light and create darkness. I cause well-being and create calamity. I AM the LORD who does all these things."

...and this...

Isaiah 45:7 "I form darkness out of the light, and I cause Calamity for my own well-being. I AM the LORD who does all these things."

See the difference?
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3
RE: For those who are always twisting peoples words...
Yes, I see the problem...subtle as it is.
The answer is "don't waste your time arguing with dickheads".
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 542128 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  One of those things... Apollo 26 2001 December 14, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Always remember... no one 7 642 October 20, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 206 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Always lacked coordination....... Brian37 18 1742 December 24, 2018 at 9:39 am
  For those of you with tails, a question. Gawdzilla Sama 9 824 November 19, 2018 at 3:05 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Question for those not raised in religious homes Bahana 21 1253 September 16, 2018 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Those who chose to stay.... Joods 6 440 September 14, 2018 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1160 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Cordless headphones, I don't have the words... Gawdzilla Sama 9 1488 July 9, 2018 at 5:44 pm