Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A way to know which page on a thread your last post is on.
A way to know which page on a thread your last post is on.
When I find myself coming back to a thread, often there is 5-15 pages (or whatever number) since my reply.  I like to start from where I left off in order to catch up to the conversation.  If I don't happen to remember exactly which page my most recent post is on, I have to search through the first X number of pages.

Thoughts?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
RE: A way to know which page on a thread your last post is on.
Not sure how much trouble that would be but I'm going to support Spooky's idea since his user name is purple. (Look away. Don't look at me, I'm horrible.)
Click on the Green Arrow.
What Min said. It takes you to the first post right after the last one you've read
(July 20, 2015 at 5:14 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: What Min said. It takes you to the first post right after the last one you've read

Really?  How did I not know this??

I feel a little foolish now.

Thanks guys.  Shy
(July 20, 2015 at 5:11 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Not sure how much trouble that would be but I'm going to support Spooky's idea since his user name is purple.  (Look away.  Don't look at me, I'm horrible.)

All it means is that I have disposable income.  Not that I'm smart in any way.  Wink
(July 20, 2015 at 5:16 pm)Spooky Wrote:
(July 20, 2015 at 5:14 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: What Min said. It takes you to the first post right after the last one you've read

Really?  How did I not know this??

I feel a little foolish now.

Thanks guys.  Shy

Honestly, I was a member for two years and a mod for a few months before I realized it Undecided
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
After 6 years one learns some of the tricks.
(July 20, 2015 at 5:18 pm)Minimalist Wrote: After 6 years one learns some of the tricks.

I'll be a year in December  Undecided

Whatever works I guess  Smile
That's another thing I learnt today.
I used to do a search by "post", not the default thread view.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is the “what you know today that you didn’t know yesterday” thread closed? Anomalocaris 2 576 August 9, 2023 at 9:46 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Is there any way to get unbanned from a thread? Angrboda 10 1525 September 17, 2020 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Reasonable way for a new section to be added Foxaèr 4 906 July 15, 2020 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Porcupine
  Page skipping. Succubus 11 2654 September 4, 2019 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Page 3 of "KKK in Norther Ireland?" thread not working Duty 9 1178 October 30, 2018 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Is there a quick way to view new posts in an existing thread? fromdownunder 6 1395 September 18, 2018 at 4:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is there a way to insert Giphy images on this forum? Foxaèr 12 2468 May 14, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How do I get my Last Visit time in my profile to show as (hidden) ? Angrboda 8 1766 March 23, 2018 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Is there a way to disable private messages? *Deidre* 14 2633 July 21, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Which would be the appropriate section for certain movie discussions Astonished 2 1247 January 2, 2017 at 8:37 pm
Last Post: Astonished