Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bad guy
The bad guy
The good guy is boring and too ordinary, the bad guy is exciting, brave and moved by great controversial ideas; as it is always is the case. i'm not talking about some sick psycho who kills women or stuff like that, i'm talking about "THY BAD GUY".

In every hollywood movie they show you the bad guy in a bad way so that you automatically hate him, who is gonna like a guy who beats women ? or treats poor people in a bad way ? or has really bad teeth ? and other shit like that...with a few exceptions ofc. BUT when the director wants you to love the bad guy, he will put a sexy guy to take the role and show him as the hero, examples : "sword fish", "breaking bad", "god father" and "bank job".

Real life examples of bad guys: 

COPs and criminals: in every country, when crime goes down, cops start arresting people for very minor incidents of breaking the law and become more scummy everyday, eventually becoming the bad guy.

ronald and reginald: they never attacked any women or children, ofc they're gangsters and bad, but the government needs bad guys like them to get things done, and in the case of britain, they need gangsters to remove the scumbag muslims in UK, when it's a gang war, the muslims won't attack the country itself or public places killing innocent people for jihad.

Sicilian mafia: they offered protection and help for their people, because the US government is as always(and as most governments) abuses minorities.

Hitler: let me say it for you, fuck hitler, I get it, he is a bad guy, but don't forget that the U.S. played a big role in the holocaust by refusing to take the jews. U.S. is as much bad as hitler, and neither the movies nor the media will ever show what kind of awful shit they did in WWII, vietnam or iraq.

WAR: The biggest bad guy ever, but just look at how much science and technology has been focused on and pushed to the limit because of it.

The bad guy in every goddamn superhero movie ever made: just imagine if in these movies, there was no bad guys robbing banks and doing bad shit, there will be no need for the super hero, and no need for another stupid marvel/DC-comics super hero movie.

we need bad to identify good, we need bad to appreciate good.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: The bad guy
The US is as bad as Hitler? Well, we did genocide the shit out of the Native Americans. But as for WWII I'm not sure what you are talking about. Hiroshima?
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
And the biggest bad guy of all. He's so "bad" that he has killed squillions without lifting a finger...
We all know who that it! They wrote books about his arseholiness...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
In wrestling we have "tweeners" like Samoa Joe who usually act like a heel (bad guy) but get crowd support as if they were a face (good guy). I suppose this is a bit like an anti-hero, but they go even further over the line.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(July 26, 2015 at 9:56 pm)Rahul Wrote: The US is as bad as Hitler? Well, we did genocide the shit out of the Native Americans. But as for WWII I'm not sure what you are talking about. Hiroshima?
Um Hitler got his ideas for eugenics from us. Castration of LGBT people, purposefully giving Syphilis and other STDs to PoC, sterilizing poor and disabled people? And there are still states where the disabled can be forcibly sterilized if the parents/guardians or even the state think it's best. And the U.S. concentration camps were basically the same just without gas chambers, not that it makes up for the lives that were ruined.
(July 27, 2015 at 3:52 am)ignoramus Wrote: And the biggest bad guy of all. He's so "bad" that he has killed squillions without lifting a finger...

I could've added him to the list but he is fiction that is not related to real life.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(July 27, 2015 at 4:26 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Um Hitler got his ideas for eugenics from us. Castration of LGBT people, purposefully giving   Syphilis and other STDs to PoC, sterilizing poor and disabled people? And there are still states where the disabled can be forcibly sterilized if the parents/guardians or even the state think it's best. And the U.S. concentration camps were basically the same just without gas chambers, not that it makes up for the lives that were ruined.

Right on the eugenics part. It was an idea that was very prominent in certain American circles. But wrong on pretty much everything else. Even without gas chambers the US camps were like Spas compared to what the Nazis had.

That's not saying I'm defending what the US authorities did in terms of human experiments. In the early stages of the Cold War they even employed Nazi and Japanese "experts" in the field. It was/is despicable, but still a far cry from the planned genocide Hitler iniciated.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(July 26, 2015 at 1:57 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: we need bad to identify good, we need bad to appreciate good.
That's very . . .
[Image: 0.jpg]
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(July 27, 2015 at 4:49 am)Marsellus Wallace Wrote:
(July 27, 2015 at 3:52 am)ignoramus Wrote: And the biggest bad guy of all. He's so "bad" that he has killed squillions without lifting a finger...

I could've added him to the list but he is fiction that is not related to real life.

Nah? The deaths on his behalf are very real! His effect on people is extremely real. The fact that he doesn't exist makes him more dangerous because it means he cannot be killed.
The deaths in his name will go on forever!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 27, 2015 at 4:26 am)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: Um Hitler got his ideas for eugenics from us. Castration of LGBT people, purposefully giving Syphilis and other STDs to PoC, sterilizing poor and disabled people? And there are still states where the disabled can be forcibly sterilized if the parents/guardians or even the state think it's best. And the U.S. concentration camps were basically the same just without gas chambers, not that it makes up for the lives that were ruined.

I knew about the eugenics fad in the US. But that was more widespread than just the US. I also know that General Sherman was the first to use the term "Final Solution" when talking about committing genocide against a people. Sherman spoke of it toward the Plains Indians. But I don't think we can compare that to the horrible efficiency that Hitler committed with the Holocaust. He took it to a whole new level.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can too much respect be bad? Fake Messiah 48 4501 January 14, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: roofinggiant
  Technology, Good or Bad Overall? ColdComfort 41 5675 July 7, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Emotions are intrinsically good and bad Transcended Dimensions 713 106903 February 25, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Name one objectively bad person ErGingerbreadMandude 57 14891 October 16, 2017 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Ignorant
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 3664 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is developing a strong habit of philosophizing bad for your social skills? Edwardo Piet 31 4093 May 25, 2016 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Gemini
Smile a bad person Sappho 30 5011 December 8, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  What makes a person bad? Losty 53 13093 December 3, 2014 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Losty
  >without the bad you can't appreciate the good MusicLovingAtheist 19 3747 October 22, 2014 at 10:41 am
Last Post: bennyboy
Lightbulb Why do we look at death as a bad thing? FractalEternalWheel 30 4822 March 18, 2014 at 8:42 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace