Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone stopped to cinsider this idiocy - Turkey fighting Kurds
Has anyone stopped to cinsider this idiocy - Turkey fighting Kurds
These last days it was all over our dailies. I don't know how much of this actually reaches the USA or if the networks consider some superstar fucking another more newsworthy right now. Anyway, Turkey is having two armed conflicts for the price of one. What's more, as anyone having two brain cells to rub together, with fighting the Kurds, they're weakening a natural ally against ISIS. Now I know that the Turkish knuckleheads would never see any Kurd as an ally, but the West certainly should show more wisdom. In the case of the EU they actually do. They call for moderation and I gather, short of breaking diplomatic code, that's the most they can do.

But that's where we're entering the realm of insanity. And if the European reports are right, this realm carries the name of US foreign policy again. According to reports, they actually support what Turkey does, calling the PKK a terrorist organisation. That's actually burning the bridges, since with any open support of Turkey fighting the Kurds - or the PKK for that matter - any hope of getting the Kurds on their side when trying to form a muslim alliance against ISIS is down the shitter.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/5943...BOMBS-them.

Quote: The PKK, a strong opponent of ISIS, is affiliated with another Kurdish group, YPG (People's Protection Units), which is based in Syria and has also claimed it has been targeted by Turkey.

Kani Xulam, director of the American Kurdish Network, accused America of supporting the attacks and therefore sacrificing the Kurds to Turkey.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Has anyone stopped to cinsider this idiocy - Turkey fighting Kurds
Yes, I've been reading on these events this morning.

They're making heavier raids on the Kurds than they are ISIS.

This is going to make the situation even more complicated. But I've questioned Erdogan's motives since he first stood by and did nothing while Kobane was being attacked.
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 29, 2015 at 6:20 pm)Beccs Wrote: They're making heavier raids on the Kurds than they are ISIS.

A lot of our european analysts think that fighting ISIS is only a pretext to get rid of Kurdish resistance once and for all. I tend to agree, even more so, since Erdogan's party suffered heavy losses in the last elections and the winning opposition only has a month left to form a government or reelections are called. Wars are usually considered patriotic endeavors and it's an educated guess that Erdogan will provoke reelections to ride the patriotic wave.
Ab, you reminded me that in 2007 we were visiting Greece and Turkey.  While our ship was sailing from Istanbul to Kusadasi I was lounging around on deck just digging the air when I was approached by an older Turkish lady.  I was wearing a NY Yankee t-shirt so I guess she figured out I was an American.  Anyway, she said in perfect if somewhat accented English, if she could ask me a question about "Mr. Bush."  My wife, on the next chair immediately cracked up.  I told her something along the lines of "certainly, however I am not a fan of Bush."
That went right over her head but by now I was hooked so I invited her to proceed and what she came out with was:

"What is wrong with Mr. Bush?  Why can he not see that the Kurds are criminals and terrorists?"

Now, this was late October, 2007 and there had been something on the news about Bush trying to get Iraqi Kurds to stop Turkish Kurds from fucking around in Turkey but that was on CNN and I had no idea how the story was being played in the Turkish press.

So I told her in all sincerity that Bush wouldn't know a Kurd if he tripped over one.  If someone told him that the Kurds did not like Saddam Hussein that was as far as his interest in the Kurds would go...except to arm them to the teeth.  I said, and this I recall clearly, that Bush "was a one-dimensional man for whom even moderate thought was an effort" and if he was doing something with the Kurds it had everything to do with Iraq and nothing to do with Turkey."  To which she made the very valid reply "but WE are your NATO allies."  I agreed but pointed out that Turkey fighting Kurdish rebels in Turkey and calling for help would put us in the position of bombing Turkey.  I concluded by suggesting that such was not what NATO was about.

We chatted for another 20 minutes or so and my wife even joined in.  We found out that her late husband was a diplomat who had spent two years with the Turkish UN staff in New York and she was just the most charming and educated person you could imagine.

But she had a real hard-on for the fucking Kurds.
If Turkey really hates the Kurds that badly then they should at least annihilate DAESH first and then continue to persecute Kurds. All the Kurds want is freedom, but the Turkish parliament is full of Fascists. DEASH is wealthy partly because there are rich sympathizers in neighbouring countries, such as Turkey.

Turkey just flushed a golden opportunity to -effectively- be on the same side as the Kurds. Watch SE Turkey for the inevitable trouble Erdogan is stirring up. Fuck Erdogan, he should go back to football; they love corrupt, self-important old bastards.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
According to the businessinsider, Turkey actively supported ISIS. So the whole attack might be a sham with the Kurds being the actual target.

Quote:A US-led raid on the compound housing the Islamic State's "chief financial officer" produced evidence that Turkish officials directly dealt with ranking ISIS members, Martin Chulov of the Guardian reported recently.

Read more: http://uk.businessinsider.com/links-betw...z3hMwbSor9

In this case Cenk Uigur expresses exactly my viewpoint and my own suspicions on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vocj42aSx0

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Over 2300 dead in Turkey Fake Messiah 44 3461 June 6, 2023 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Adnan Oktar, TV cult preacher jailed for 8,658 years in Turkey LinuxGal 1 569 November 18, 2022 at 5:48 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  This has to be the most chilling thing he has done. Brian37 29 1642 September 8, 2020 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Turkey's Erdogan orders the conversion of Hagia Sophia back into a mosque AniKoferBo 91 2554 July 15, 2020 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  Has anyone noticed the decrease in mask usage? TaraJo 40 1850 July 4, 2020 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Op/ed "War on" and "fighting" disease.... Brian37 21 1451 March 29, 2020 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Turkey referendum Isis 22 3378 April 17, 2017 at 6:00 am
Last Post: Isis
  Turkey to ban evolution from curriculum abaris 10 1571 January 25, 2017 at 12:35 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Turkey and Russia bombing together abaris 0 737 January 18, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Russian Ambassador to turkey shot dead. downbeatplumb 18 3268 December 22, 2016 at 12:35 am
Last Post: Minimalist