Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Jews
Question for Jews
When Christians are asked about all the stonings to death (homosexuals, rude children, etc.) or making rape victims marry their attacker, slavery etc - all that nasty stuff in Leviticus, they often say "all that is just for Jews, Jesus made a new covenant for us". Jews have no such get-out so how do they respond to the same challenge?

Regards.

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

RE: Question for Jews
Cherry picking scriptures just like the christers do with stuff Jesus ACTUALLY said and is recorded in the BIBLE LITERALLY and INERRANTLY.

Fucking cherry picking Christians, and there is no scripture authorizing the practice, in fact, Timothy goes the other way; ALL Scripture is suitable . .

Grrrrrrr!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I thought the question was going to be "why do you never call?"

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Most Jews today aren't very religious. I'm not sure how an Ultra-Orthodox would respond. Probably something like 'it only applies to our community and we don't have any homosexuals." The same way some Sikhs deny that there are gay Sikhs.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Y u no like bacon

Nvm, more for me
Let's just say that there's a reason Jews have a reputation for making great lawyers.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
The christian evasion of the OT doesn't hold water in any case.

Matthew 5:17

Quote:"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished.…

So dodge and blame the jews as much as you like - your godboy said you're wrong.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
"Well that's the old testament" is a lame excuse, because it's still the same guy that is supposedly unchangingly perfect, but it is an excuse. I don't know what the jewish excuse is. It's also kind of odd how Jesus badmouths the pharisees for trying to obey the law to the letter, when there are a handful of old testament stories about how Yahweh will screw you over for not obeying to the letter.

Random guy picks up sticks on the wrong day of the week. Someone touched the ark of the covenant when it's about to fall off the wagon. Moses strikes a rock when he's only told to talk to it. Lot's wife looks back at Sodom after they were told not to. Probably more stories like that, and yet the pharisees are somehow bad for following the letter of the law instead of the spirit of the law.

You really want to follow a guy that's that petty?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The easy way is to say it was correct back then and not relevant anymore. We've heard Christians justify slavery and genocide as god's anger or something like that, it only takes a bit of mental gymnastics - A Christian friend of mine uses the analogy of someone building a house and in the middle of the process killing lots of bugs accidentally because the person is so big and powerful - That's god and humans
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

That's just how it was back then. Yahweh was more concerned about consenting same sex adults making out than about people being treated like property. And people worshiping other gods. The only way he really seems to know how to fix a problem is killing people, or threatening to kill people.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Jews so rich? CatholicDefender 97 20924 February 9, 2018 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Why are Jews so funny? CatholicDefender 24 4406 September 4, 2017 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Joods
  Whats up with the Jews? ThortheMighty 26 3818 February 27, 2017 at 12:05 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Why I Like Jews More Minimalist 12 3965 May 8, 2016 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are Jews the most evil race on earth? superAtheistnut 20 9345 May 21, 2015 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Jews and their magical string-ERUV downbeatplumb 0 1209 January 13, 2014 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Jews view of Jesus themonkeyman 12 4858 December 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: theyear12013
  Happy Pesach, Bad Jews thesummerqueen 5 2326 May 21, 2013 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Check Expiration Date; Fresh Jews Only thesummerqueen 2 2968 April 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why don't Jews believe in Hell? Darwinian 26 23006 April 21, 2010 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: Godscreated