Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modern religious atrocities (video)
Modern religious atrocities (video)
I have edited the post
RE: Modern religious atrocities (video)
Heads up on the 30/30 in 10...9...
Verbatim from the mouth of Jesus (retranslated from a retranslation of a copy of a copy):

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. How can you see your brother's head up his ass when your own vision is darkened by your head being even further up your ass? How can you say to your brother, 'Get your head out of your ass,' when all the time your head is up your own ass? You hypocrite! First take your head out of your own ass, and then you will see clearly who has his head up his ass and who doesn't." Matthew 7:1-5 (also Luke 6: 41-42)

Also, I has a website: www.RedbeardThePink.com
Just in case, I'll post it for him.  I'm somewhat beyond 30/30.

(August 7, 2015 at 3:50 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: Heads up on the 30/30 in 10...9...

I've read and re-read this several times and it still doesn't make any sense to me.
(August 7, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Shinagami Wrote:
(August 7, 2015 at 3:50 pm)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: Heads up on the 30/30 in 10...9...

I've read and re-read this several times and it still doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote:
  • 30/30
    In addition to the No Advertising rule, there is also the 30 days and 30 posts requirement. New users must accrue 30 posts and be a member for 30 days before they are allowed to post external content, such as links, images or videos. This is to ensure that advertising is not your sole purpose on this forum. Any posts where the sole intention is to link to external sites/videos may also be removed at the discretion of the staff. Once you have met the 30/30 requirements however these particular rules no longer apply.

• 30/30 Exception
    One very important exception to the the 30/30 requirement is when external links/videos/images are used within discussion or with the intention of discussion. While we would generally advise new members who haven't met the 30/30 stipulations against posting threads with the sole intention of linking to an external site (whether advertising or not) or starting your own discussions based on external content, we do of course allow you to link to external sources when it is warranted. For instance you can post external content if using it as evidence in a discussion or you can post a YouTube video if it is relevant to an ongoing discussion.

I'm not on staff but since we frequently discuss religious atrocities....I'm particularly guilty of it (because there are so many) it seems to me that the exception would apply... unless it is your site and you were just trying to drive traffic to it.
Okay I removed it.
(August 7, 2015 at 4:27 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(August 7, 2015 at 4:20 pm)Shinagami Wrote: I've read and re-read this several times and it still doesn't make any sense to me.

Quote:
  • 30/30
    In addition to the No Advertising rule, there is also the 30 days and 30 posts requirement. New users must accrue 30 posts and be a member for 30 days before they are allowed to post external content, such as links, images or videos. This is to ensure that advertising is not your sole purpose on this forum. Any posts where the sole intention is to link to external sites/videos may also be removed at the discretion of the staff. Once you have met the 30/30 requirements however these particular rules no longer apply.

• 30/30 Exception
    One very important exception to the the 30/30 requirement is when external links/videos/images are used within discussion or with the intention of discussion. While we would generally advise new members who haven't met the 30/30 stipulations against posting threads with the sole intention of linking to an external site (whether advertising or not) or starting your own discussions based on external content, we do of course allow you to link to external sources when it is warranted. For instance you can post external content if using it as evidence in a discussion or you can post a YouTube video if it is relevant to an ongoing discussion.

I'm not on staff but since we frequently discuss religious atrocities....I'm particularly guilty of it (because there are so many) it seems to me that the exception would apply... unless it is your site and you were just trying to drive traffic to it.

I thought the same sort of thing when I started, but it seems that moderators often do not look at things that way.  Here is an old thread I started about the issue:

30/30 Rule

In my experience, the exception seems to rarely be allowed.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
Leaves out giving me that crappy wafer and telling me it was the body of christ, transubstantiation my ass. I mean, come on! As to the wine, could have told me it was anything they wanted and it was going down.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I would take out the Beslan School Siege and add the Mumbai hotel atrocity. It just so happens that the majority of Chechens are (Sunni) Muhammadans but the reason for the siege was not religion in my opinion. There are those Chechens who want their own country.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6719 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Religious education (short video) Zenith 15 2305 January 21, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  The Very Model of a Modern Fundamentalist TheRocketSurgeon 12 3828 September 11, 2015 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: kramazeek
  The Mormon Church: Modern Day Mandated Servitude and Bondage LivingNumbers6.626 13 5552 August 17, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32871 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope
  Modern witch hunt. Brian37 2 940 February 9, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Brian37
Thumbs Down atrocities of fucked up religion eichelon01 5 2770 November 16, 2012 at 10:27 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Poland Joining the Modern World Minimalist 3 1788 January 1, 2011 at 3:21 am
Last Post: Reese