Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few photos...
A few photos...
From my Chicago trip.

While the weather was perfect for a walking tour, the lighting sucked!

Anyhow, here are a few. More to come later, maybe, after I do some more post processing.

Here's a partial skyline taken from Navy Pier:
[Image: Chicago%20-%20Partial%20Skyline%20from%2...20Pier.jpg]

A couple partial skylines taken from the vicinity of Shedd Aquarium. The first including the Sears Tower, the second including the John Hancock building:
[Image: Chicago%20-%20Partial%20Skyline%20from%2...0Tower.jpg]

[Image: Chicago%20-%20Partial%20Skyline%20from%2...ancock.jpg]

And one of the Wrigley Building:
[Image: Chicago%20-%20Wrigley%20Building.jpg]

I'm still kicking myself for taking my long lens instead of my short lens. Chicago is so tightly packed in that a 55-200 zoom is too much. I would have been much better served with my 18-55 zoom (only room for one in my carry on). Next time I'm making damned sure to take both. Hopefully I'll also get better light next time. I still wish I had gone back down to the aquarium after getting back to the car. The night time view from there is spectacular! I also want to get some sunrise photos from there. Since the company I work for is headquartered there (Warrenville) and they like to have their employees out to the home office every six months to a year, I'll be back. I'm also hopeful to visit some of the other offices.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
RE: A few photos...
Great pics. Hope yaas had a good time. Love downtown Cago (especially on a bike), hate O'Hare! What all did you take in?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
What all did I take in?

Well, I managed to hit Navy Pier, Millennium Park and the the Bean, the Chicago Library across the street, the Crown Fountain, Buckingham Fountain and out to the peninsula where the Shedd Aquarium and the Alder Planetarium are. On the way back to the car, I went back downtown for dinner, then took in some of the architecture and the river walk back to where I parked. About 10 miles walked all told, not counting various wandering about the various places I stopped.
Sounds like a marvelous time. Post more pics when you are ready. I haven't been downtown or waterfront for 10 years or more.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You know, for the first time ever I actually saw a muslim praying while I was out and about in Chicago. I was sooooo tempted to walk over and ask if he needed help finding his contact. Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  photos that prove Afghanistan is one the most beautiful places on earth. WinterHold 71 9775 September 6, 2021 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Few questions...who you are? KittyAnn 18 1966 April 8, 2018 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Astreja
  viewing stolen nude photos Catholic_Lady 215 29620 August 15, 2017 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: johan
  How would you recommend one go down a few pant sizes NuclearEnergy 22 2069 February 27, 2017 at 10:17 am
Last Post: frankiej
  Looking to make a few little cartoons Drich 33 5869 January 26, 2017 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Out in front of the hospital a few mins ago.... Brian37 22 2123 August 13, 2016 at 8:49 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Let's see some PHOTOS of you! Catholic_Lady 4 1262 July 14, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Food Photos freedomfromforum 36 8472 January 4, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: ElleBelle
  Take a few days off, and... Foxaèr 10 2304 October 10, 2013 at 5:39 am
Last Post: NoraBrimstone
  Nazi photos Hitlers support for the Church Big Blue Sky 19 7665 August 19, 2013 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Chas