Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smokers
Smokers
What brand do you smoke?
When and how did you start?

Do you regret it?
Are you a quitter(do you find yourself constantly trying to quit and then you go and take it up again)?

-
Answer whatever you like.
RE: Smokers
I used to be a social smoker.

Meaning I'd have a smoke when out drinking with friends. To be honest, most people wonder why I ever called myself a smoker since a pack would generally last me a year or more.
Dying to live, living to die.
I smoke Marlboro Red.

Funny thing is, my father is a smoker too, and in childhood I really hated it and never thought I would take it up. But then things changed, I ceased to believe in God, life became the depressing black hole it really is, and... Just kidding, not sure the two are anything else but coincidental in time.

I was visiting my cousin in Romania and everyone of his friends were smoking and so I was introduced to it too somehow...I smoke Red and Lights interchangeably, but I started with red, I smoke it right now and I prefer it to anything else.

But then again, my brother used to be a smoker too, so there's hope yet - if I were to ever wind up really regretting it.
From ages 17-26, I was a casual smoker as well. I'd probably buy 3 packs a year. I can't do it anymore, because of a mostly benign common type of  arrhythmia that I have. Even smoking a few times a week, it was so hard for me to give that up, because I enjoyed it so much. There was a few times that I quit for a few months, and had to go back, because I missed it. I haven't smoked anything in about two years. The first year I missed it, but haven't missed it at all for a year, which is good.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(August 11, 2015 at 9:54 pm)excitedpenguin Wrote: What brand do you smoke?
When and how did you start?

Do you regret it?
Are you a quitter(do you find yourself constantly trying to quit and then you go and take it up again)?

-
Answer whatever you like.

A pack to a pack and a half (sometimes as much as two) packs a day for thirty fucking year.

Marlboro, then Camel, finally settling on Winston Lights.

Peer pressure in high school.

I regret every single cigarette I ever lit up.

No, I do not find myself quitting and taking it up again. I switched to personal vaporizers and have loved every minute of it. They're cleaner, (arguably) healthier and they don't make me stink like a dirty ashtray. I do still have an occasional smoke, usually as a reminder to why I want to stay off them, although even an ultra-light gives me a nicotine buzz these days. I've weaned my e-liquid nicotine level from 36mg/ml all the way down to 1.5mg/ml and the next purchase will likely be 0mg/ml. The only thing left to beat really, is the habit.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I've just bought my last pack of 50 Horizon WHITE.
I swear to God that I'm quitting after this !
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Can't stand the smell and terrified of cancer. Never touched a cig
I smoke about 5-10 a day, usually Sovereign or Players when I'm being a cheap bastard.
I started when I worked at the Post Office (blegh) for a while and found it helpful to relax after the stresses of the day. That was about 18 months ago.

No, I don't regret it. I enjoy it, I've never been healthier, I don't have the merest hint of breathing issues or coughing.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
I started when I was 16 or thereabouts. At parties. The habit really took a hold of me when obtaining my drivers license. Sitting in a car in a traffic jam made me reach for the packet. How many I smoke largely depends on the environment and the situation. Sometimes I go with not smoking for a whole day, sometimes I smoke as much as two packs.

There's that old saying about it's a waste to cry over spilled milk. So, regrets, no. It was the 70ies when I started and virtually everybody smoked. Stupid, but it was seen as cool by the kids. And yes, I want to quit. But not badly enough obviously.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I've smoked since I was 15 and I smoke Amber Leaf rolling tobacco, about twenty a day (thin ones) at the moment.

It's already started to affect my health, but I'm too impulsive to give it up. So I do regret starting but just see it as something I can't change and have something of a fatalistic attitude towards it. I know it will most probably kill me but at the moment all I can be is philosophical about it but I know it will get harder to do that as time wears on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pot smokers. Brian37 22 1743 March 26, 2021 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama