Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pot smokers.
Pot smokers.
First off, let me make it perfectly clear, POT SHOULD BE LEGAL!

Having said that, it still should have the same regulations of alcohol in not driving while high.

But outside that, I do hate some stupid arguments that pot is 100% harmless like a kitten. If you smoke anything, that can damage your lungs long term. But with driving, it can impair your reaction time. So is bullshit to claim people cannot die from smoking pot.

The argument is "It doesn't make you as crazy as alcohol or meth". On average maybe. But I have had known a few people in my life who smoked pot and got just as nuts as drunkard trying to start a fight at a bar.

In a very literal sense, anything you ingest in excess, if it exceeds your body's ability to process it, can become toxic, EVEN WATER.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/nevius/ar...622749.php

Point of this post is that every so often I see posts on social media that Pot is as benign as a kitten or puppy.

I just saw another "Pot's shit never stinks" post. Pot should be legal, but I get a lip twitch when people act like pot is an all loving god with no flaws.
RE: Pot smokers.
I tried pot once, and I was told I didn't inhale. Being a non-smoker, because my entire family were addicted cigarette chain smokers whom I did not want to emulate, I was smart enough to comprehend that having a stinky tobacco stick in my mouth did not make me cool.

Otherwise, I'm pro Mary Jane.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
One lung, working at ~50% efficiency, is a good motivator to not smoke anything.
(March 26, 2021 at 6:43 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: One lung, working at ~50% efficiency, is a good motivator to not smoke anything.

I am not going to lie, I smoke cigarettes. But my argument isn't about destroying one's own health. My argument with any drug, is against the morons who want to project their risk taking on others. I hate the idiots who drink and drive and smoke pot and drive. It isn't the drinking or smoking by itself, but the assholes who put other's lives at risk thinking nothing bad will ever happen.

I have been a passenger in cars with both drunk people and pot smokers, and believe me, they fool themselves. 

Plenty of times when I wanted to meet friends at a bar, I tell them I would take a cab. I always hated it when they got annoyed when I wanted to take a cab home. I asked them if they were going to drink, they'd say yes, then get annoyed that I was going to take a cab home. 

Pot should be legal, but it should be treated like any drug and driving.
Didn't disagree.
(March 26, 2021 at 7:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Didn't disagree.

Wasn't claiming anyone reading this was.

But I do outside this thread run into idiots who say, "I know what I am doing" on both pot and booze.
(March 26, 2021 at 6:01 am)Brian37 Wrote: First off, let me make it perfectly clear, POT SHOULD BE LEGAL!

Having said that, it still should have the same regulations of alcohol in not driving while high.

But outside that, I do hate some stupid arguments that pot is 100% harmless like a kitten. If you smoke anything, that can damage your lungs long term. But with driving, it can impair your reaction time. So is bullshit to claim people cannot die from smoking pot.

The argument is "It doesn't make you as crazy as alcohol or meth". On average maybe. But I have had known a few people in my life who smoked pot and got just as nuts as drunkard trying to start a fight at a bar.

In a very literal sense, anything you ingest in excess, if it exceeds your body's ability to process it, can become toxic, EVEN WATER.

Point of this post is that every so often I see posts on social media that Pot is as benign as a kitten or puppy.

I just saw another "Pot's shit never stinks" post. Pot should be legal, but I get a lip twitch when people act like pot is an all loving god with no flaws.

I smoked it pretty regularly my first two years of college. In that dorm it would have been strange not to. Then I moved out, though, and didn't miss it at all. And of course I've been in Japan for 30+ years now, and it's not available here in any safe way. They're a lot stricter. 

There was one guy in my dorm who liked it WAY too much and bombed out of college in his second semester. I didn't know enough whether this was a cause or a symptom -- he might have been self-medicating for something else, or numbing his hatred of college or something. But the pot surely didn't help.

That kind of ambiguity seems to be a topic for a number of people. A lot of criminals and crazy people smoke it, but whether it's cause or effect is hard to say. I do think that a lot more objective research would be reasonable.

This guy thinks that it drives a small percentage of smokers crazy:

https://attackersmokedcannabis.com
(March 26, 2021 at 8:24 am)Belacqua Wrote:
(March 26, 2021 at 6:01 am)Brian37 Wrote: First off, let me make it perfectly clear, POT SHOULD BE LEGAL!

I smoked it pretty regularly my first two years of college. In that dorm it would have been strange not to. Then I moved out, though, and didn't miss it at all. And of course I've been in Japan for 30+ years now, and it's not available here in any safe way. They're a lot stricter. 

There was one guy in my dorm who liked it WAY too much and bombed out of college in his second semester. I didn't know enough whether this was a cause or a symptom -- he might have been self-medicating for something else, or numbing his hatred of college or something. But the pot surely didn't help.

That kind of ambiguity seems to be a topic for a number of people. A lot of criminals and crazy people smoke it, but whether it's cause or effect is hard to say. I do think that a lot more objective research would be reasonable.

This guy thinks that it drives a small percentage of smokers crazy:

https://attackersmokedcannabis.com

My point is the same with anything, legal or illegal, regardless of location law, if it can hinder your perception it is worthy of regulation in regards of public interaction, such as driving or being on the job. 

Planes are not likely to crash, but nobody would think it would be ok for a passenger jet pilot to be drunk or high on pot when flying.
(March 26, 2021 at 8:35 am)Brian37 Wrote: My point is the same with anything, legal or illegal, regardless of location law, if it can hinder your perception it is worthy of regulation in regards of public interaction, such as driving or being on the job. 

Planes are not likely to crash, but nobody would think it would be ok for a passenger jet pilot to be drunk or high on pot when flying.

Do you know if DUI laws in the US include marijuana? I expect that even if it's completely legal, there are still restrictions on how fucked up you can be when you're driving.
Varies by state. Here it's illegal to drive with any measurable amount of thc in your system - there's no test currently available to determine whether or not a user is intoxicated.

As a consequence of this, if johnny law really wanted to fuck somebody, he could make a dui charge stick today over a few bowls a month ago. Rock and a hard place, really, because until such time as the industry has some standard, so that we can determine a standard dose's effects, and it's effects on different people, there's no real way to credibly regulate what very much should be regulatable behavior - but those laws are themselves an almost uniformly steaming pile of abusive drug war horseshit that's used for exactly what you think it is, and not to regulate those behaviors.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smokers Excited Penguin 57 4172 August 13, 2015 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  I heard pot gave you the munchies but..... downbeatplumb 3 1411 June 28, 2012 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Pot smoker? theVOID 43 9774 October 24, 2009 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Violet