Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump and political correctness
Donald Trump and political correctness
I've seen it tossed out a lot that Donald Trumps success and appeal to some republican primary voters is largely a response to the (insane) political correctness that we hold our politicians to. It does seem that we've set up a system where politicians are not allowed to actually speak their mind without being forced to make several apologies. Although I absolutely don't support Donald Trump, I do think the one refreshing thing about him is that he doesn't apologize for things that he says.

We complain all the time that our politicians sound phoney and then at the same time if they go off the uber-politically correct script they get torn to pieces. I think that if we were less critical of every little statement, we'd end up with more honest politicians.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Donald Trump and political correctness
Trump isn't just political incorrect, he's a classless jackass.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Not that I'm trying to derail the thread but I'm just having a hard time with the concept of an "honest" real-estate developer!

Big Grin
(August 19, 2015 at 3:52 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Not that I'm trying to derail the thread but I'm just having a hard time with the concept of an "honest" real-estate developer!

Big Grin

Well I don't think that Donald Trump is an honest or good person at all. However I do believe that his opinions are probably his real opinions at least.
(August 19, 2015 at 3:51 pm)Pizza Wrote: Trump isn't just political incorrect, he's a classless jackass.

Well see, this is the problem. I don't think you can go off the standard political script without getting called names. If he called someone a classless jackass he would be torn to shreds by the media. It's a stupid double standard.
So we shouldn't hold politicians to a higher standard?
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
(August 19, 2015 at 4:11 pm)Pizza Wrote: So we shouldn't hold politicians to a higher standard?

When it comes to being politically correct? No, I don't think so. We should hold them to a higher standard when it comes to their understanding of law and economics. I don't care at all about political correctness or what names they want to call Rosie O'Donald.
It's a funny thing that happens with labels. Jon Stewart always had me thinking about this topic. You could argue that Jon was the most trusted person on the political scene (if you could categorize him as a political figure, he'd deny it) and he's just a comedian, but that allowed him to tell some uncomfortable truths and act silly. Jon, if you like him, has your respect, yet he says some of the silliest things; fart jokes, accents. Obviously, an actual politician couldn't get away with it, but why?
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
It's like context no longer exists once you hold or run for office.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(August 19, 2015 at 3:55 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:
(August 19, 2015 at 3:51 pm)Pizza Wrote: Trump isn't just political incorrect, he's a classless jackass.

Well see, this is the problem. I don't think you can go off the standard political script without getting called names. If he called someone a classless jackass he would be torn to shreds by the media. It's a stupid double standard.

Excuse me but Trump is the gold-standard for calling everyone who disagrees with him a "loser."  Fuck him.  Just another rich cocksucker with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those Political Memes Foxaèr 827 61077 April 21, 2024 at 10:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The Political Zoo Foxaèr 7 859 December 10, 2023 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  When is political violence justified? FrustratedFool 54 3021 September 8, 2023 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Are you looking forward to Political Christmas in 2024 on 24th/25th December? Woah0 9 867 December 3, 2022 at 7:49 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Does Social Issues matter when deciding your political affiliation? T.J. 48 3057 April 21, 2022 at 9:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are you Anti-Political? Disagreeable 52 2381 April 7, 2022 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Oracle
  political strategy Hillbillyatheist 23 1992 January 12, 2022 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  That Political Scene Foxaèr 4 682 September 27, 2021 at 6:33 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6974 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1730 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer