Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 1:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
Hello everyone
Hey everyone, hope you're all having a fantastic day

I'm Tunisian, 21 years old. I consider myself as staunch an atheist as say; Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Sam Harris .... 

I've joined this forum because I've had certain questions in mind that I would like to share with you. 

I am interested in reading, and discussing your perspectives, as I delve deeper into the understanding of our world ( almost tempted to utter creation, some habits never die)
"organizing atheists has been compared to herding cats, because they tend to think independently and will not conform to authority" -- Richard Dawkins
RE: Hello everyone
Welcome, friend.  I know Tunisia is a bit safer than many of the crazier muslim countries.

Still, watch your back.
Welcome aboard. Did you start off in a religion or get really lucky in the parent sweepstakes? Also, is it safe to be an atheist where you are? (Hope so.)
(August 25, 2015 at 8:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Welcome, friend.  I know Tunisia is a bit safer than many of the crazier muslim countries.

Still, watch your back.

Much appreciated good sir 

(August 25, 2015 at 9:00 pm)Whateverist the White Wrote: Welcome aboard.  Did you start off in a religion or get really lucky in the parent sweepstakes?  Also, is it safe to be an atheist where you are?  (Hope so.)

Nah I was actually quite religious my parents were relatively secular however ( which I forgot to mention for some reason ). And it is relatively safe in here. You might get malevolent looks from people who know you're an atheist, but not to the point where they would cut your head off
"organizing atheists has been compared to herding cats, because they tend to think independently and will not conform to authority" -- Richard Dawkins
Welcome aboard.

Always happy to encounter another atheist.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome. Who are those guys you mentioned? (hehe)

You may have more questions before you're through. I only came to lurk, that didn't last long.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Quote: but not to the point where they would cut your head off
....so you've got that goin for you, which is nice....

Welcome aboard.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 25, 2015 at 9:25 pm)Beccs Wrote: Welcome aboard.

Always happy to encounter another atheist.

Thanks. Also happy as well!

(August 25, 2015 at 9:27 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Welcome. Who are those guys you mentioned? (hehe)

You may have more questions before you're through. I only came to lurk, that didn't last long.

Friends for the most part, sadly. And I'm sincerely looking forward to dealing with those future questions!

(August 25, 2015 at 9:28 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
Quote: but not to the point where they would cut your head off
....so you've got that goin for you, which is nice....

Welcome aboard.

Indeed it is! And thanks!
Welcome
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
I'm sure Vic will be along shortly with some welcome waffles. I brought the sodas. Big Grin

[Image: soda-pot-20733-1286069597-26.jpg]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1405 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2173 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5643 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1889 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7820 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2616 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3836 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1231 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2382 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm