Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this already exist? If not, count it as a suggestion
Does this already exist? If not, count it as a suggestion
I just tried to make a couple of posts in the Studying Math thread and the forum ate them.

I'm guessing that it's the spam filter's fault and, yes, I read the sticky about that telling me to PM forum staff. The problem is...

I'm new here

I don't know what the colors of names mean on this site, I've met a lot of new people in quick succession and am having trouble keeping everyone straight, and I don't know who the forum staff is.

Is there a sticky or something somewhere that identifies current staff? If so, could someone point me to it? And if not, maybe that would be a nice thing to add.

.... and if the spam filter eats this post as well, then.... well, ironically I guess I'll be forced to start spamming PMs in hopes one of them will actually reach someone on staff.
Being an antipistevist is like being an antipastovist, only with epistemic responsibility instead of bruschetta.

Ignore list includes: 1 douche bag (Drich)
RE: Does this already exist? If not, count it as a suggestion
It's visible.
Greens are moderators, red are admins
Dying to live, living to die.
Well that's one concern addressed. And I realized that people posting in the ban log about how they'd banned people were probably staff, so that's another problem down.

The question/suggestion about a list of current staff still stands.

.... and I already attempted to reply to this thread once, and THAT go eaten, so I might have a new problem here. I guess this reply will ALSO be a diagnostic test.

Okay, THAT reply DID appear.

Thanks, Val, I'll try to remember that for more than 5 minutes. Knowing my brain, it'll be a challenge. I'm guessing orange is former staff?

And if this reply DOESN'T appear, then it's likely an issue with the Quick Reply box.
Being an antipistevist is like being an antipastovist, only with epistemic responsibility instead of bruschetta.

https://atheistforums.org/showteam.php

If you get a post on the spam filter or a similar problem, either use the Questions for staff subforum (when you create a thread there only the staff and you will be able to see it) OR you can report your own profile or post, indicating in the reason field your problem. The former will alert any staff member online immediately
If you have a question or request of staff that doesn't concern other members, you can post a thread in the Questions for staff section of the forum, where only you and staff will be able to see the thread. That is generally preferred as all staff have access to it and can respond to your concerns in a more timely manner. If you PM individual staff members, they may not be online and may not see your request for a significant amount of time. It also allows staff to distribute the work load, as well as providing input from multiple staff members which may help them to become better moderators.

Questions for staff subforum, here.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 2, 2018 at 11:32 am)Reltzik Wrote: Well that's one concern addressed.  And I realized that people posting in the ban log about how they'd banned people were probably staff, so that's another problem down.

The question/suggestion about a list of current staff still stands.

.... and I already attempted to reply to this thread once, and THAT go eaten, so I might have a new problem here.  I guess this reply will ALSO be a diagnostic test.

Okay, THAT reply DID appear.

Thanks, Val, I'll try to remember that for more than 5 minutes.  Knowing my brain, it'll be a challenge.  I'm guessing orange is former staff?

And if this reply DOESN'T appear, then it's likely an issue with the Quick Reply box.

Yup, orange are the former staff Smile Once we were relevant, now we are relics.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
There’s a button at the bottom of the main page that says “Forum Team”
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Okay, there it is. Thanks everyone for putting it straight.

.... oh, and Losty fixed the original problem, which, yes, was the spam filter. Thanks again, Losty!

(October 2, 2018 at 12:58 pm)Reltzik Wrote: Okay, there it is.  Thanks everyone for putting it straight.

.... oh, and Losty fixed the original problem, which, yes, was the spam filter.  Thanks again, Losty!

Losty helping people is a hobbiy. When she is not severing heads.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion: Install Soma Tablet Depositories On All Threads Violet 17 2455 May 3, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Suggestion: atheism source links Foxaèr 3 1077 April 28, 2019 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Sub forum suggestion Joods 2 973 July 15, 2018 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Code suggestion Joods 30 4803 May 21, 2018 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Compulsory swearing subsection suggestion I_am_not_mafia 47 6263 May 13, 2018 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Civility subsection suggestion Catholic_Lady 400 45433 May 11, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  "The specified thread does not exist." Gaest 9 1589 May 9, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Quick
  Min's Rep Indication Suggestion Edwardo Piet 42 4041 October 19, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Question regarding post count Joods 38 5139 September 4, 2017 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Suggestion for debate forum ErGingerbreadMandude 1 1245 December 20, 2016 at 5:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4