Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:46 am

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
introvert
59.38%
19 59.38%
extrovert
15.63%
5 15.63%
in the middle
9.38%
3 9.38%
other (please explain)
15.63%
5 15.63%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Please vote on which you would most closely categorize yourself as. Curious to see the results!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Both.
Introvert here!
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
That really depends on the company, mood, situation. I've stood on stages and made jokes in front of a few hundred people, and then in other circumstances I can be an introvert and barely say anything.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Wait, where is the 'fuck all polls' option? >:c
I'm an extrovert, I'm just too shy to show it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Other.

There are situations I'm very good with people. Especially job related when it doesn't get personal, I have the ability to find the right words to make them trust me.

When it comes to personal relationships I'm rather on the introvert side. Always was. I can relate to what Oliver Sacks, author annd neurologist, who died today, said about himself: I always had a hard time imagining someone caring for me.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I'd say a little of both. I tend to be friendly even if I don't know someone, but I'm not willing to get too close until I feel like I know the person better.
(August 30, 2015 at 5:20 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Wait, where is the 'fuck all polls' option?  >:c

that comment matches your avatar....puuuurfectly. Big Grin
(August 30, 2015 at 5:14 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Introvert here!

Seriously!? Wow! I would have bet good money against that. I have to wonder if you have self-identity issues. You come across as a very vibrant person in your posts - most definitely extroverted. You arrived on an atheist board as a Catholic and posted a large number of threads. I haven't gathered all the numbers but just going on casual memory, your threads have the highest average amount of participation I can recall on any message board I have ever posted to - and it's a lot. You sure as heck don't come across as introverted here. You are physically very attractive but that doesn't account for it. Pretty dipshits get old really quick - especially with a cerebral group like this.

You're an introvert? I'd hate to say what that makes me: A person in voluntary solitary confinement by comparison.

By the way, I think you'll find most atheists are introverts. Just a prediction though. I would have bet just about ANYTHING against you categorizing yourself as an introvert though so what do I know?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I An Introvert? Edwardo Piet 22 1660 October 19, 2017 at 5:44 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious