Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Men Make Better Friends Than Women
Why Men Make Better Friends Than Women
I didn’t put this in the humor forum because it occurred to me to ask the guys here if this is really the way it’s done.

A woman stays out all night, the next morning her husband asks her where she was. She says she was with a friend. So he calls all her friends and they all say, “No she wasn’t here.” “I ain’t seen her.”

So the husband decides two can play at that game. He stays out all night and when she asks him where he was he says with a friend. So she calls ten of his friends and they all say, “Yeah he was here.” and two of them say, “And he’s still here.”
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Why Men Make Better Friends Than Women
depends on the circle of friends I guess..
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Good joke, but it probably says more about what dogs we men are than it does our qualities as friends. Personally, I've nearly always gravitated toward having women for friends. I've just always found them easier to talk with than my own kind. They're generally better listeners and seem more often to bring up more closely related topics. There have been exceptions on both sides of course. The first and last date I ever went on after answering an ad was with a horrible, neurotic person. At one point I remember her stating as an invariable fact that women were more in touch with their feelings than men. An ironic statement considering the source.
(August 31, 2015 at 10:21 am)Whateverist the White Wrote: Good joke, but it probably says more about what dogs we men are than it does our qualities as friends.  Personally, I've nearly always gravitated toward having women for friends.  I've just always found them easier to talk with than my own kind.  They're generally better listeners and seem more often to bring up more closely related topics.  There have been exceptions on both sides of course.  The first and last date I ever went on after answering an ad was with a horrible, neurotic person.  At one point I remember her stating as an invariable fact that women were more in touch with their feelings than men.  An ironic statement considering the source.

It’s funny how men and women are opposites yet we do make good friends. Talking to a man is not all like here’s a nickel, give me five pennies. Many men do such a good job of hiding their feelings that many women think they don’t have feelings. From where then did we get Hamlet and The Canterbury Tales? I get along with women very well, but there is something about men—talking to them, listening to them, learning from them—there’s an energy, the gender principle that even gay men exude. Maybe I’ve lost touch with the concept of men as dogs because I know that for every man who ravages the nations there’s a woman saying “Oh, let them eat cake.”
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
I generally prefer the company of women (if I had to pick some company at random). I tend to feel more at ease. It may be related to my father being horrible, or maybe because my
personality seems generally closer to women than men.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(August 31, 2015 at 9:53 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: I didn’t put this in the humor forum because it occurred to me to ask the guys here if this is really the way it’s done.

A woman stays out all night, the next morning her husband asks her where she was. She says she was with a friend. So he calls all her friends and they all say, “No she wasn’t here.”  “I ain’t seen her.”

So the husband decides two can play at that game. He stays out all night and when she asks him where he was he says with a friend. So she calls ten of his friends and they all say, “Yeah he was here.” and two of them say, “And he’s still here.”

I don't get it.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(August 31, 2015 at 9:53 am)Rhondazvous Wrote: I didn’t put this in the humor forum because it occurred to me to ask the guys here if this is really the way it’s done.

A woman stays out all night, the next morning her husband asks her where she was. She says she was with a friend. So he calls all her friends and they all say, “No she wasn’t here.”  “I ain’t seen her.”

Bwahahahaha!!!!! So true!!

ROFLOL
Men and women make different kinds of friends.  I loved working with guys and doing things with them (not I don't mean those things--that's a different conversation).  Guys are much more straightforward than women and less easily offended.  They play a little rougher which I like.

Women friends are for doing girl things, and talking about awful childhoods, and venting.  I walk on egg shells a little around other girls.  I don't have the knack.

The very best friend for me is a girl who behaves a lot more like a guy.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(August 31, 2015 at 2:55 pm)Jenny A Wrote: Men and women make different kinds of friends.  I loved working with guys and doing things with them (not I don't mean those things--that's a different conversation).  Guys are much more straightforward than women and less easily offended.  They play a little rougher which I like.

Women friends are for doing girl things, and talking about awful childhoods, and venting.  I walk on egg shells a little around other girls.  I don't have the knack.

The very best friend for me is a girl who behaves a lot more like a guy.

I tend to agree with Jenny on this.

I do have a couple of great female friends who don't carry the baggage many girls seem to.  We just have fun together.  In fact, when I was a med school in Melbourne one of those friends and I would go out on a Friday night for a couple of drinks and a meal and we would pretend to be *together* so that the guys in the bar would leave us alone - and she was a professional model, so she was hot and always getting attention.
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 31, 2015 at 2:34 pm)robvalue Wrote: I generally prefer the company of women (if I had to pick some company at random). 

Plus there is the possibility you'll score.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 1874 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 12666 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Smart women Ahriman 41 3813 December 18, 2022 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Thumbs Up Is bigger really better? onlinebiker 7 401 February 27, 2022 at 8:23 am
Last Post: brewer
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 499 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Fist bumping isn't better for germaphobes Foxaèr 17 2628 September 12, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7086 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5234 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 15 705 August 30, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Covers that are (in your opinion) better than the origionals Theswordismyleopard 0 180 August 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Theswordismyleopard