Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quote/Reply not working right in a thread
Quote/Reply not working right in a thread
I've noticed for about a week that whenever I hit the reply or use the multi-quote function in the What's Everyone Up To? thread that a post I had quoted and responded to keeps appearing in the text-editing box:

Example (in the [hide] tags at the top of the post):
http://atheistforums.org/thread-20825-po...pid1037017

I've been just deleting this quote from my previous posts but it's been week and it's getting annoying.

In the post linked above I tried keeping the quote in the post I was writing thinking that it would disappear when I hit the reply button the next time I went to quote something or reply but it's still showing up!

It looked like it was appearing because the multi-quote button was still "activated" for it, but I unchecked/unselected it and that quote it still appearing!  I unchecked/unselected that post for multi-quoting, exited the thread, and when I went back to the thread it's RE-checked to be quoted!

No matter what I do, that post re-selects itself to be quoted!

Pleeeeeeeeeeez help me......
Banging Head On Desk
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
RE: Quote/Reply not working right in a thread
(August 31, 2015 at 2:41 pm)Clueless Morgan Wrote: I've noticed for about a week that whenever I hit the reply or use the multi-quote function in the What's Everyone Up To? thread that a post I had quoted and responded to keeps appearing in the text-editing box:

Example (in the [hide] tags at the top of the post):
http://atheistforums.org/thread-20825-po...pid1037017

I've been just deleting this quote from my previous posts but it's been week and it's getting annoying.

In the post linked above I tried keeping the quote in the post I was writing thinking that it would disappear when I hit the reply button the next time I went to quote something or reply but it's still showing up!

It looked like it was appearing because the multi-quote button was still "activated" for it, but I unchecked/unselected it and that quote it still appearing!  I unchecked/unselected that post for multi-quoting, exited the thread, and when I went back to the thread it's RE-checked to be quoted!

No matter what I do, that post re-selects itself to be quoted!

Pleeeeeeeeeeez help me......
Banging Head On Desk

You've probably already tried this, but have you tried clearing your cache before logging into AF?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
That worked, thanks Jen. Smile

But damn, now I have to go through all my most-visited sites and re-setup all the shit I just purged. Sad
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Now that you've done that, I've found that sometimes the quote button gets stuck in the on position, and all you have to do is go back to the offending post and click the quote button again (if it's stuck on).
(August 31, 2015 at 5:30 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Now that you've done that, I've found that sometimes the quote button gets stuck in the on position, and all you have to do is go back to the offending post and click the quote button again (if it's stuck on).

That's what I was trying before, but every time I would unclick the stuck-in-the-on-position button it would turn itself back on when I returned to the thread. Dodgy

It's fixed as of now. Thanks Smile
I wonder if you are logged in on multiple devices, and one is re-selecting the multi-quote every time you unselect it?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 31, 2015 at 5:50 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I wonder if you are logged in on multiple devices, and one is re-selecting the multi-quote every time you unselect it?

I believe it's tracked client-side, so I don't think so.
Ah. Okay.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(August 31, 2015 at 5:50 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote: I wonder if you are logged in on multiple devices, and one is re-selecting the multi-quote every time you unselect it?

I thought about that, too. It's on my list of things to check tonight when I get home. I'm gonna go check that thread now and make sure it's still not quoting that post. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creating an account not working? Ferrocyanide 1 96 April 11, 2024 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Page 3 of "KKK in Norther Ireland?" thread not working Duty 9 1177 October 30, 2018 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  "The specified thread does not exist." Gaest 9 1593 May 9, 2018 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Quick
  Is the fucking forum quote function in need of some subtle fucking tweekage? Succubus 14 1912 March 18, 2018 at 5:59 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Saving drafts isn't working for me emjay 4 1244 February 3, 2017 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: emjay
  Missing Quick Reply Box Excited Penguin 25 3978 November 22, 2016 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [Tutorial] How to use the quote function pocaracas 1 1143 October 20, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: brewer
  How do I quote other posts? Bunburryist 5 1679 August 14, 2016 at 2:44 am
Last Post: wiploc
  URL tags not working properly Joods 27 3226 July 4, 2016 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Videos in posts not working Joods 8 3204 February 25, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain