Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with black helicopters
Fun with black helicopters
I was at a stop light late in the afternoon the other day, when three large black helicopters flying in a triangular formation appeared overhead. The sight initially got a raised eyebrow out of me, and then a chuckle as I thought of all the conspiracy nuts I know (my own sister included) who would've shit in their pants if they'd seen that. It got a minimal reaction out of me, because I live in Hampton Roads/Tidewater area of VA and there are several bases/naval air stations in this area...and plenty of explanations for them being there.

It did however, get me thinking about a scene in The Mist, when a bunch of military vehicles are seen whizzing down the highway away from the base. And a similar scene in the first X-files film, when Mulder sees a line of FEMA trucks barreling down the road in one direction. 

What sort of event along those lines, would you have to witness in order to become seriously worried or nervous? Disturbed enough to want head out to this desert awhile, or at least call out from work and spend the day in a fetal position.

Don't be afraid to get creative.
RE: FUN WITH BLACK HELICOPTERS
I grew up in a beautiful village overlooking a broad luscious valley, and down by the stream 20 miles away, there's a large nuclear power plant. After Chernobyl (I was in elementary school then), I spent a lot of time eyeing nervously in that direction. One blinky light approaching that facility or vice versa would have probably sent me into a catatonic state
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

WHY ARE ALL YOUR THREAD TITLES IN UPPER CASE AGAIN THOUGH?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 2, 2015 at 1:41 pm)Alex K Wrote: WHY ARE ALL YOUR THREAD TITLES IN UPPER CASE AGAIN THOUGH?
No particular reason. Is it bothersome?

Never mind. I didn't realize I yelling!
RE: Fun with black helicopters
I live on a boat and spend as much of the year as I can out of the US, usually in the Bahama Islands somewhere. I guess, in a way, I have already “taken to the hills”. I suppose, if I woke up one morning off some non-inhabited Cay in the Abaco Islands, looked to the West, and saw a row of rising mushroom clouds, I would probably decide that the human race is having a pretty bad day and there would no hurry to move somewhere else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Pill Dating Theory? FrustratedFool 143 6810 August 30, 2023 at 6:11 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Fun with computers. Brian37 34 2262 October 21, 2020 at 10:14 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fun phrases from other countries/cultures. Gawdzilla Sama 3 335 August 3, 2020 at 1:33 pm
  Who says drunk girls in a club aren't fun brewer 30 5277 November 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Lewis Black and George Carlin nail it Edwardo Piet 15 2461 March 26, 2018 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Let's fun....😜 KittyAnn 21 2522 January 26, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: KittyAnn
  Fun with/without commas. BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1168 September 15, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Fun with tenses. Gawdzilla Sama 10 1542 September 15, 2017 at 5:24 pm
  1000 years (just for fun) Catholic_Lady 43 9889 July 30, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  Threads that would be fun to merge. Whateverist 1 470 July 8, 2017 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: chimp3