Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Young Turks
The Young Turks
Does anyone here watch and enjoy The Young Turks?

Here is the link to their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks

Personally, I disagree with everything they say, when it comes to politics. For example: their denial of the Turkish Holocaust.

I just wanted to know what you guys thought of them.

Thanks!
RE: The Young Turks
I haven't watched then for ages. Still the same hosts?
Dying to live, living to die.
(September 7, 2015 at 1:06 am)Beccs Wrote: I haven't watched then for ages.  Still the same hosts?

Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparian.
Yup. Still them.
Dying to live, living to die.
Don't like em at alllllll. :/
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 7, 2015 at 1:15 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Don't like em at alllllll. :/

Well look at that, something we agree on!
(September 7, 2015 at 1:04 am)Shuffle Wrote: Does anyone here watch and enjoy The Young Turks?

Here is the link to their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks

Personally, I disagree with everything they say, when it comes to politics. For example: their denial of the Turkish Holocaust.

Thanks!

I disagree with a hell of a lot on what they say, also they tend to have a smug self assured way of presenting things in a one dimensional way.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(September 7, 2015 at 1:04 am)Shuffle Wrote: Does anyone here watch and enjoy The Young Turks?

Thanks!

I only watch them rag on fox news. Good fun.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Thanks!

Ana Kasparian, being an Armenian, does not obviously deny the "Turkish Holocaust".
(September 7, 2015 at 1:26 am)Shuffle Wrote:
(September 7, 2015 at 1:15 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: Don't like em at alllllll. :/

Well look at that, something we agree on!

Hahaha, yep! The way they talk is annoying to me too, it's not even just the content.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lies don't work with young American women! God of Mr. Hanky 5 1686 February 14, 2016 at 1:36 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Who are Turks of Iran?! A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 4 2452 December 25, 2013 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  Young as 6 raped by troops in Congo who fled M23 cratehorus 94 33016 June 13, 2013 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  Religitards at again...poor young girl. KichigaiNeko 9 3101 April 20, 2013 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Gearbreak
  Viewpoint: Why the young should welcome austerity by Niall Ferguson Justtristo 2 2011 June 17, 2012 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  SOME justice for Turks, 30 years late(r)? BoyWonder 2 1571 April 4, 2012 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: BoyWonder
  The French Piss Off the Turks... Minimalist 41 15917 January 24, 2012 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Good Young Turks bailout vid 5thHorseman 0 1050 November 30, 2011 at 6:17 am
Last Post: 5thHorseman