Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would It Take?
What Would It Take?
Theists, what would it take for you to convert into another religion? I am not sure what religion, but just for now, another one of the Abrahamic religions.

This question is always asked of atheists, so I thought it was about time to flip the script and have the theists answer.

Thanks!
RE: What Would It Take?
Yeah, good luck with that question. They can't conceive of converting to another religion because they're right and theirs is the One True Faith.

You knew that, silly.
If I was religious I'd go for the one that doesn't molest kids as part of its canon.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
They'd have to steal a pagan holiday like the Christians did, and turn it into something pretty awesome that most of the world celebrates. That'd be a good start.

Having to wear something over my head at all times and not being able to eat bacon is kind of a deal breaker, but I'm not much into the rules of these religions anyway.
It's tricky, isn't it?

The problem is that whatever amazing events may occur, people are automatically going to attribute them to the mythology they've been brainwashed with. But there's no way to distinguish which godly force was involved, if any.

PS: something just happened which I thought was sort of relevant. I got up and went downstairs. I looked into my garden, and I saw my black rabbit sitting patiently by the door of his run waiting to be let out onto the garden. But then I also saw my black rabbit at the other end of his run, moving about. How could this be? I looked back to where I saw him sitting still by the door. He wasn't there, it was some shadows that looked a bit like him.

It's interesting how within less than a second I'd already decided there was not only a rabbit there, but a very specific rabbit, with a specific intent. Had I looked away more quickly after this, I could have come away with that incorrect conclusion and would have been happy to tell people all about that experience.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Rob, don't get carried away! Remember, we're all brains in vats.
Do we then imagine the rabbits as being real in our minds or do they have their own little vats too? The scientific jury is still out on that one...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(September 9, 2015 at 12:45 am)Shuffle Wrote: Theists, what would it take for you to convert into another religion? 

Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
Sum ergo sum
(September 9, 2015 at 12:45 am)Shuffle Wrote: Theists, what would it take for you to convert into another religion? I am not sure what religion, but just for now, another one of the Abrahamic religions.

This question is always asked of atheists, so I thought it was about time to flip the script and have the theists answer.

Thanks!

10grams weed and 5 pills LSD will do the trick I guess.
whatever floats your goat
Convert NOW and get the salvation of your immortal soul 50% OFF!!!!!

or somethin
Quote:Theists, what would it take for you to convert into another religion?

I imagine some hairy gorilla holding a sword at their throats would do it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3492 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  "Don't take away people's hope" Brian37 96 9449 August 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6574 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7585 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If you're pro-life, how far do you take that? robvalue 147 13543 August 10, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  "Jesus take the wheel, 'cause I sure ain't!" Gawdzilla Sama 19 2110 December 20, 2016 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Christians take on the more nihilistic atheists henryp 63 10236 January 1, 2016 at 5:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What proof would it take for me to believe in god? Lemonvariable72 37 8092 October 17, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: IATIA
  How did little old us ever take the measure of unimaginably stupendous God? Whateverist 26 7754 July 29, 2015 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Theists, What Would It Take For You To Lose Your Faith? Nope 64 15563 January 25, 2015 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: dyresand