Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:58 pm

Poll: What is your pro-life position?
This poll is closed.
Abortion is immoral but not a matter for the legal system
28.57%
2 28.57%
Doctors and/or mothers should be prosecuted for aborting
0%
0 0%
Mothers should also be physically forced to come to term in some circumstances
0%
0 0%
Other
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you're pro-life, how far do you take that?
If you're pro-life, how far do you take that?
(I put this in the religious section because this is probably going to involve a lot of theists, and they don't tend to go outside this area. If that's unacceptable feel free to move this!)

I often wonder what people mean when they say they are pro-life. What would they advocate for, in practice? Should the law be involved, and if so, how much? Please give details if possible. Choice 3 assumes choice 2 is already in place, as I imagine this would always be the case.

Do we have any non-religious pro-lifers here? For the pro-choice crowd, feel free to comment or speculate on what you think most people would mean. Many thanks!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: If you're pro-life, how far do you take that?
It's more political than religious....although with religitards it can be hard to make the distinction.  A lot of them are the "get GOVERNMENT off my back" asswipes who needless to say think it is fine for that same GOVERNMENT to tell women what to do with their own bodies.

But, let's see what they have to say.
I'd do Eddie Redmane, "I CREATE LIFE!"
Isiah 45:7 "I create good, I create evil, I the Lord do all these things".

AWESOME, so basically humans are his lab rats.
"God" is somewhat full of himself, eh?
(August 4, 2018 at 6:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: "God" is somewhat full of himself, eh?

In a very historical sense, worldwide, humans confused success with coming from a divine place. 

Even before the written age, you had humans in nomadic tribal groups who were convinced that because they lead and bread, that somehow magical favor was shining down on them.

The "full of themselves" is a psychological choice between fight or flight. In antiquity when you won, you falsely attributed your success to what amounts to a comic book desire of human qualities in super hero form. If you lost, then the volcano or the deer, the ocean god, was simply a different form of your own qualities in insecurities. 

All humans can relate to is our own species. What we don't see is that we want control over our environments like any other species.
(August 4, 2018 at 6:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: "God" is somewhat full of himself, eh?

So is Jesus:

Matthew 28 (KJV)
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Looks like I shouldn't feel so bad about still not understanding the Trinity since Jesus is asserting HERESY Himself on the subject.

LOL, is Jesus a heretic ??

He sure has some funny ideas recorded in Scripture, maybe somebody in the Christian world needs to do something . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

They'll just make up a story, as always.  They are soooooo predictable.
I am seriously conflicted on abortion.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Then you should not have one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think Buddhism is pro intellectualism? Woah0 5 644 September 6, 2022 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3494 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  "Don't take away people's hope" Brian37 96 9456 August 8, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  My take on Christianity - Judaism - Islam Mystic 32 6574 November 14, 2018 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Reltzik
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7596 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2797 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why do far right Christian-Conservatives want to put Jesus in schools NuclearEnergy 41 8268 February 8, 2017 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Asmodee
  "Jesus take the wheel, 'cause I sure ain't!" Gawdzilla Sama 19 2111 December 20, 2016 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Christians take on the more nihilistic atheists henryp 63 10244 January 1, 2016 at 5:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What proof would it take for me to believe in god? Lemonvariable72 37 8097 October 17, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: IATIA