Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Ten Commandments
Remove Ten Commandments
I did not see this posted yet, so here it is.

Judge gives Oklahoma a month to remove Ten Commandments from Capitol

Quote:The decision prompted Republican lawmakers to say they will look at impeachment for the justices who made the decision and legal briefs from the attorney general’s office to keep the monument in the shadow of the Statehouse.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
RE: Remove Ten Commandments
How the hell do you impeach a judge for upholding the law??

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Lol, butthurt Republicans digging themselves yet another hole.

They are not defending freedom of religion, the judge who rightfully ruled for the removal did. If the assholes who put it there in the first place want live in a theocracy, they can move to Saudi Arabia or Iran.
(September 11, 2015 at 6:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How the hell do you impeach a judge for upholding the law??

Boru

You don't. They're blowing smoke.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I hope these judges have a contagious virus.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Will there be any christians on here that we can respect, that will actually applaud this action?

If you're a christian, and you can't see that this is a good thing, and you think your religion deserves more respect than the others, then you are a shithead. Simple as that.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
(September 11, 2015 at 6:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How the hell do you impeach a judge for upholding the law??

Boru

The problem is when judges interpret the constitution in ways contrary to its original intent. Then it is only right and proper to impeach.
(September 11, 2015 at 8:44 pm)ChadWooters Wrote:
(September 11, 2015 at 6:24 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: How the hell do you impeach a judge for upholding the law??   (my bold)

Boru
The problem is when judges interpret the constitution in ways contrary to its original intent. Then it is only right and proper to impeach.

The original intent is as follows;

Quote:... the Oklahoma Constitution bans the use of state property for the benefit of a religion.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
This would be hilarious if it wasn't so long overdue.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to 100% remove myself from Catholicism FormerCatholic 32 2419 September 8, 2022 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Satanic Temple’s Seven Tenets Are Morally Superior To Ten Commandments Smedders 0 514 December 29, 2019 at 6:33 am
Last Post: Smedders
  are there different versions of the 10 commandments ? yampampuza 31 10226 April 21, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The New 10 Commandments Nihilist Virus 32 6725 June 28, 2016 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  The Ten Commandments Mudhammam 22 5370 August 11, 2015 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Top Ten Persecution Stories of 2014 Foxaèr 7 2886 January 11, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Blow the 10 Commandments Out Your Ass.... Minimalist 44 8966 August 11, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christian bigots sell out their own moral commandments in order to preach to gays. Esquilax 22 4804 July 13, 2014 at 7:23 am
Last Post: John V
  Remove Christianity and civilization would soon smell better. Whateverist 35 7119 June 11, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Vox
  Matt Dillahunty v. Sye Ten Bruggencate Clueless Morgan 16 5424 June 8, 2014 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan