Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 6:38 am

Poll: Would the absence of Christianity actually make civilization smell better?
This poll is closed.
Oh, yes. Definitely.
40.00%
14 40.00%
Probably but even if not, it's worth doing.
31.43%
11 31.43%
Damned if I know.
11.43%
4 11.43%
No, Christians represent everything that is pure and good in the world. They would be missed!
2.86%
1 2.86%
No way. Without xtianity to keep the dim ones out of trouble they'd make an even bigger stink.
14.29%
5 14.29%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Christianity and civilization would soon smell better.
Remove Christianity and civilization would soon smell better.
Sorry, the only threads I can start lately are parodies of the stupid shit we're seeing. So who wants to take a poll?
RE: Remove Christianity and civilization would soon smell better.
I think it is worth finding out.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
Even if it's metaphorical bullshit, it still stinks.

Therefore, remove the cause of the stink and the roses can better do their jobs.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Had to go with the last choice. I would like to think better of my fellow humans, and this certainly doesn't apply to all theists, but the gullibility and stupidity on display by many are unavoidable. It's as if religion has become a kind of zoo for undesirable mental traits: irrationality, gullibility, stupidity, ignorance, etc.

It's not that these traits can't be found among atheists, but the relative concentration among the religious is astounding. Being that out of touch with reality must take considerable effort.
Take away christianity and they would just flock to the next religion.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Yes, but removing Islam would be even better.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(June 5, 2014 at 7:46 am)Chas Wrote: Yes, but removing Islam would be even better.

I can appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure about this. There are a half billion more Christians.
(June 5, 2014 at 7:50 am)Cato Wrote:
(June 5, 2014 at 7:46 am)Chas Wrote: Yes, but removing Islam would be even better.

I can appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure about this. There are a half billion more Christians.

Yabut, Islam makes up for it in virulence.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(June 5, 2014 at 7:50 am)Cato Wrote: I can appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not sure about this. There are a half billion more Christians.

The vast majority of christians aren't living in the stone age any more though.

Most muslims still are, which is why I'd rather see Islam gone.

That said, I think Bad Wolf is spot on. You get rid of one religion and they'll just make up another. What we really want is to educate people to the extent that they aren't stupid enough to fall into the old religion trap in the first place.
(June 5, 2014 at 9:31 am)Napoléon Wrote: What we really want is to educate people to the extent that they aren't stupid enough to fall into the old religion trap in the first place.

How are you going to educate Francis Collins when Richard Dawkins failed?

God vs. Science - A debate between Richard Dawkins and Francis Collins
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please help prayer to get maaried soon for my mom heath.! meboxem166 21 2773 April 1, 2023 at 5:52 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  How to 100% remove myself from Catholicism FormerCatholic 32 2427 September 8, 2022 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  First Council of Nicaea: when Christianity was deformed and Jesus named son of God. WinterHold 50 4079 September 19, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Discrimination, oppression, and the War on Christianity Losty 124 11541 July 27, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Evolution and Christianity and Salvation mrj 255 19911 March 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Too Soon For a Lie YahwehIsTheWay 14 2638 December 5, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4593 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The believer seems to know god better than he knows himself Foxaèr 43 8122 June 2, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  I'm sick and tired of Christianity Der/die AtheistIn 73 10543 December 29, 2017 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Better terminology for "Father and Son" ? vorlon13 258 60351 October 13, 2017 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis