Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 1:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
... I hate Windows...
... I hate Windows...
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/master_of_orion_1_2

... Fucking Windows.....

A working MoO for 6$, with no hassle of emulating it?! And MoO2 tossed in for nothing?!

>_< Dammit dammit dammit dammit dammit... that is so unfair... >_<
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: ... I hate Windows...
I love it because no matter how fucked up it is, I've been using Windows since I was 6 pretty much every day so it's like when you love the imperfections of a loved one LOL

EvF
(May 3, 2010 at 4:07 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I love it because no matter how fucked up it is, I've been using Windows since I was 6 pretty much every day so it's like when you love the imperfections of a loved one LOL

EvF

You... do realize I was being envious... right? MoO is my favorite game of all time... and a Windows user can buy and play it for 6$, with MoO2 thrown in free to sweeten the deal (which is a great game in its own right). These are games I have spent hundreds of hours of my life playing. If I didn't know I could emulate it (as annoying as that is) or download the Classic Environment (if it indeed works in Snow Leopard)... this is a game I would pay the cost of a cheap Windows computer just to play it again. I am full of fucking envy towards anyone who is already a Windows user... 6 fucking USD for MoO + MoO2...

Not that I don't otherwise hate Windows, of course... Dodgy
Oh I didn't spot the envy... maybe I'm not good at spotting an emotion I don't tend to ever have Big Grin

EvF
(May 3, 2010 at 4:20 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Oh I didn't spot the envy... maybe I'm not good at spotting an emotion I don't tend to ever have Big Grin

EvF

Don't tend to have*

Get rid of "ever" in there you pedant Tongue

Anyway... I can't think of a single good reason not to buy this game if you can play it... though I may be biased for having spent months of my life worth of time with it Tongue
*I perhaps don't ever have.

Fixed.

Lol.

I just fucking love retro games.

EvF
"Retro"? I know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Orion came out in 1993... but I've yet to play a game in it's genre that tops it (hell, I've yet to play a game that tops it... but maybe i just love the genre Tongue)

Wow... 17 years old... Blush

0.o The game is as old as I am Shock
I first used a computer in 1993 I think... It was a school computer Blush

I first used a family computer when I was 6. And had my very first computer game on my 7th birthday - YAY!

EvF
[quote='EvidenceVsFaith' pid='68513' dateline='1272884563']
I first used a computer in 1993 I think... It was a school computer Blush
Quote:That would make you likely 4 SolIVY... at most 5...

[quote]I first used a family computer when I was 6. And had my very first computer game on my 7th birthday - YAY!

EvF

Which means you started gaming at most 3 SolIVY before me Thinking
I also bet I've spent much much more time gaming than you Wink

For one, I first went out of the house on my own when I was 18... I spent most of my life indoors.

Second of all, I spent hours and hours a day gaming for years... and I internet gamed since I was 12. And then I started playing even more regularly.

The last few years I was a gamer, up until late 2006 - I basically did nothing else, and then I started getting up early AND staying up late playing... the last year and a half gaming it was like 16 hours a day, not counting toilet and meals and baths. I basically just played other than that. I basically never went out and never on my own lol.

I have to be perversely proud of my gaming years though, because if I'm not I'd probably sit my back up against the corner of a room, cry, and not stop LOL j/k

Nah, best years of my life however fucked-up lol.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When American Nintendo Fans hate Sonic Docto021 0 387 May 6, 2019 at 5:16 am
Last Post: Docto021
  Videogames piracy - Why so much hate? Dystopia 63 9506 November 23, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: fr0d0