Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 10:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey Guys.
Hey Guys.
I'm a 18 year old computer programmer, and I'm a intellectual that questions everything, ever since a young age.

For the last three years, I was a deist, but recently, I've questioned the world around me, and came to the conclusion there is no God, and there was, it would be unknowable, and since there is no evidence for a creator, why should I bother worshiping one.

I converted to agnostic atheism, yesterday It took a lot of rational thinking to "convert" me, though I was on the way into it anyway, since deism is somewhat a step bellow atheism in a sense.   

Well, that's my mini-story on why I converted to atheism.

#logic Big Grin
RE: Hey Guys.
Welcome.

The waffle cart will be by shortly.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 18, 2015 at 8:33 am)vorlon13 Wrote: Welcome.

The waffle cart will be by shortly.

What do you mean by that Big Grin
[Image: Heres_a_bunny_with_waffle.png]
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Welcome. I hope it sticks!

If ever in doubt come here often. You need to surf some more.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Make sure your monitor screen is clean so when you lick it, you'll get the full flavour!
Standby! Real waffles coming soon...

[Image: doggiescreencleaner1.gif]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
We have a Welcome Waffles greeter... kinda like at WalMart. But tastier.

I'm not the one, so I'll just say welcome to AF. Smile

Oh, I don't know if you've read Douglas Adams, but you might enjoy it. He's famous for good atheism quotes, such as:

`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

I'm offended that you don't think my welcome waffles are adequate!
Lick this, ignoramus.

[Image: TLumooY.jpg]

Also, Welcome young pad wan, my grandpa is a first generation programmer. And as you can see, I'm a third generation troll.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
ooohhh yummm! I love licking pussy!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Nice to meet you!

Congratulations on your journey to atheism. It's great that you care enough about the truth to persue it and study.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey all... newbie decloaking! wchanley 33 3246 February 19, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hey :) Kate12345 10 1830 October 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Hey everyone Ryn 3 611 July 4, 2022 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Wink Hi guys Ronnie 14 1569 January 29, 2021 at 12:13 am