Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everyone
Hello everyone
So I'm a 23 year old living in Montana. I'm a grad student, working towards a PhD in chemistry. I have some hobbies- reptiles, fish, taxidermy, craft beer, rocks, fossils, horror movies, and of course science.

Obviously I'm an atheist and I'd love to start having some interesting conversations with people Smile
RE: Hello everyone
With a name like that, you just gotta look.

Welcome to the zodiac mindwarp.

Heya, welcome to the forum Smile

I like geckos! I don't understand the rest of the username, but it sounds cool Big Grin
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Heh. I read the name, at first, as "Geckomastia"... I thought, "Lizard-boobs?" Wow, it's late.

Glad to have another scientist heathen in here. BS in biochem, but retired from that field; my fiancee still is a biochemist in genetics.

My best friend is into the herps... despite this, the best name he could devise for his pet snake was "Snakey." Never figured that one out.

But welcome! I'm happy to see you here, and hope you find your kindred in this place. Smile
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

You cook, I'll sell.
How about it?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
hehe ...Welcome matey...
(I don't think rocketman wants to risk another 10 year paid vacation, just quietly!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Hii!!! I saw your name listed as newest member the other day and I posted in another thread how I hoped you were gonna show up and say something. I love the username.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Welcome!

No coffee yet, all I can get out.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
(September 21, 2015 at 2:38 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: Heh. I read the name, at first, as "Geckomastia"... I thought, "Lizard-boobs?" Wow, it's late.

Glad to have another scientist heathen in here. BS in biochem, but retired from that field; my fiancee still is a biochemist in genetics.

My best friend is into the herps... despite this, the best name he could devise for his pet snake was "Snakey." Never figured that one out.

But welcome! I'm happy to see you here, and hope you find your kindred in this place. Smile

Lol, I literally thought the same thing!

At any rate Welcome Geckomamasita!
We are not made happy by what we acquire but by what we appreciate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1412 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2174 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5648 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1893 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7840 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2618 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3838 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1231 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2384 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm