Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I the only one?
Am I the only one?
I've been having issues with my posts either posting to the wrong thread somehow or disappearing altogether. Is this a forum glitch or is it just me?
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Am I the only one?
Shouldn't even be possible in the code for posts to get posted to the wrong thread. Can you give examples of this happening? Are you certain that you're replying to the correct thread?

When you say "disappearing altogether", do you mean that the posts appear in the thread, but then they disappear at a later date? Or do posts appear and then you immediately refresh and they are gone?
All I've noticed lately is that on occasion the board is slow to connect to a new page.  It's sporadic though.
(September 22, 2015 at 2:11 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Shouldn't even be possible in the code for posts to get posted to the wrong thread. Can you give examples of this happening? Are you certain that you're replying to the correct thread?

When you say "disappearing altogether", do you mean that the posts appear in the thread, but then they disappear at a later date? Or do posts appear and then you immediately refresh and they are gone?

I am sure I'm posting to the right thread. I'll look up an example in a minute.

When they disappear....like, my post is still there, but it just shows me quoting someone else and the reply I wrote isn't there. That happens immediately after I click "post"
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
It hasn't happened to me, but Losty is not the only one I've seen mention this. Was it Iroscato? I can't remember.

I believe it was Iroscato, yes.

I have also noticed a much higher incidence of double posts. Not sure what's going on there, either.
Sometimes I double post when there is slow response time (and not just in my brain).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 22, 2015 at 2:13 pm)Minimalist Wrote: All I've noticed lately is that on occasion the board is slow to connect to a new page.  It's sporadic though.

I noticed this and thought it was related to the background change, the 7th birthday thing.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(September 22, 2015 at 2:50 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Sometimes I double post when there is slow response time (and not just in my brain).

In those cases, do you click on "Post Reply" once, or more than once?
(September 22, 2015 at 2:58 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(September 22, 2015 at 2:50 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Sometimes I double post when there is slow response time (and not just in my brain).

In those cases, do you click on "Post Reply" once, or more than once?

My fault, I click more than once. Impatience if one of my faults, especially with machines.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Codes of Ath-frms not visible only blank boxes shown Mariosep 10 1644 November 1, 2016 at 8:50 pm
Last Post: Jesster
  Can we only give one +1 rating to each member? KevinM1 20 3136 February 13, 2015 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Proposed change to rep point system, no removals, edits only Angrboda 15 7700 October 31, 2012 at 7:01 am
Last Post: jonb
  Girls only section and boys only section. Do you guys have it? Niqabi Ninja 34 14439 March 13, 2012 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris