Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just don't get it…
I just don't get it…
So when a person is genuinely awful why are there still people defending him/her? What do people get out defending people like this? Someone please explain it to me…

http://youtu.be/WCJheemWEUo
RE: I just don't get it…
Because they don't give a shit. You can't reason with some of these people. It's become more and more obvious that George is a horrible person, but they don't care.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

People like him because he is awful, not in spite of it. He's opened up this safe zone where people can band together as racist scumbags. Most of his followers are just as disgusting as he is.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(September 28, 2015 at 4:22 pm)Losty Wrote: People like him because he is awful, not in spite of it. He's opened up this safe zone where people can band together as racist scumbags. Most of his followers are just as disgusting as he is.

That just hurts my brain
Try reading some of the comments on his twitter thingy. Your brain will never be the same.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Twitter and YouTube are not places to restore your faith in humanity.  Angel
(September 28, 2015 at 4:22 pm)Losty Wrote: People like him because he is awful, not in spite of it. He's opened up this safe zone where people can band together as racist scumbags. Most of his followers are just as disgusting as he is.

I suspect this is a big part of it. I would also add that there are many people who threw in with him who just can't/won't admit they were wrong. Some people never grow beyond the playground and will back "their side" no matter what. It's pretty much the same mentality you encounter with those people who will say "my country, right or wrong".
(September 28, 2015 at 3:47 pm)BrokenQuill92 Wrote: So when a person is genuinely awful why are there still people defending him/her? What do people get out defending people like this? Someone please explain it to me…

Simple answer: Because they love what he did and admire him for that. Go figure what that says about the people defending him.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Exactly, BQ.  Its the same reason Trump is leading the race for the GOP nomination.
It's the same as those freaks who become fans of serial killers.

There are some sick fucks in the world.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3234 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2157 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1009 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 846 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Most US Vets Don't Get What's Really Sacred AFTT47 34 4606 September 2, 2016 at 1:00 am
  Apparently I need to hope I don't ever get robbed according to gun nuts GoHalos1993 119 10618 June 15, 2016 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  Just another gun thread, don't bother reading. Losty 75 9606 March 2, 2015 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Men's Rights Movement: I Just Don't Get It. Bipolar Bob 119 24268 November 10, 2013 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Zazzy
  I Just Don't Believe A Word He Says. Minimalist 8 1703 October 24, 2013 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Isun
  India: "We don't want to censor anything, we're just trying to censor everything." Creed of Heresy 2 1190 July 11, 2013 at 11:30 am