Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another gun thread, don't bother reading.
Just another gun thread, don't bother reading.
Ok so, here I am to make everyone get their panties in a bunch over guns. Blame Napo. He made me do it.

Please do not hate me at the end of this post. I'm still the same sweet Losty. I still love you. You don't have to agree with me here.

I don't know where to start with this. As far as the US goes (because let's face it, this is the only first world country with a gun issue and I happen to live here), I don't like either side of the debate. I tend to avoid gun debates (even reading them) because I facepalm every post. I don't like guns. I don't see any reason for people to have them if they don't need them for their job. I think hunting is a stupid sport. If you kill an animal it should be to feed your family, not to impress your friends. I would be okay with people getting a hunting license and then whenever they want to hunt they have to check out a hunting weapon and check it back in when they're done. (Like skates at a roller rink) I hate when people think they should have a right to own a gun. Why? Why should you have a right to own a gun? Sounds like crazy talk to me. I hate when people let children near guns. I hate when people who own guns do not take gun safety courses and strictly follow what is taught in them. I think the idea that you need a gun for protection is stupid. You're more likely to injur or kill yourself or a family member/friend than you are to defend yourself against an intruder. I hate hearing constantly about how the government is going to take "are" guns. They should, but they can't. It's not a feasible plan. The idea itself is completely stupid. How would they take all the guns? That's ridiculous. I do not think we should have similar gun laws to other countries. I'm not opposed to a little more gun regulation, but I don't think it will do much good. I am opposed to a lot more gun regulation. It's a terrible idea. For the US to adopt, say, Germany's gun laws would be stupid. We already have way too many guns for it to work. Do you really expect everyone to show up and willingly hand over their guns? If not, how do you propose to get them?

Now as far as what is an option. I have no idea. I was thinking maybe ban the import, sale, and production of firearms in the US. Cut military spending by like 75% (at least) use a small portion of the savings to find real border control at both Canadian and Mexican borders.
Detroy all firearms confiscated from criminals. Then very very very slowly start making gun laws more and more strict. Ban open carry: confiscate all guns being carried openly and destroy. Ban concealed carry:confiscate all guns found on anyone outside their own homes (except if they're hunting with hunting guns) and destroy.
These are just thought though. I have no idea if it would work.

Sorry if this is incoherent. That happens when I'm nervous.

Ok go crazy.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Just another gun thread, don't bother reading.
Quote:How would they take all the guns?

They could pass a law telling people to turn their guns in and then any who did not would no longer be "law-abiding gun owners" so, fuck 'em.
In Norway guns are generally illegal. When we were kids we had to make our own guns. Home made guns are not very safe. They have a tendency to blow up in your hand when you shoot. Didn't happen to us tho, luckily.
Guns in the US are a huge problem...
They're also big business, so I anticipate that things are going to remain as they are for quite a while...
Maybe when an "accident" happens to someone in congress... or their families... maybe they'll think about it a bit better.
"Fun regulation" Facepalm

(March 1, 2015 at 6:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:How would they take all the guns?

They could pass a law telling people to turn their guns in and then any who did not would no longer be "law-abiding gun owners" so, fuck 'em.

So to translate:

Losty:How would they take all the guns?

Mini: They can't.

Did I read that right?

0/10

(March 1, 2015 at 7:03 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Guns in the US are a huge problem...
They're also big business, so I anticipate that things are going to remain as they are for quite a while...
Maybe when an "accident" happens to someone in congress... or their families... maybe they'll think about it a bit better.

I don't know about that, Dick Cheney shot his buddy in the face back in '06.
Maybe if his buddy had shot him in the face?

0/10

What you should do is to make ammunition regulated. Guns are harmless and easy to make. Ammunition is the thing that makes it dangerous, and that can't be made easily.
(March 1, 2015 at 7:16 pm)Void Wrote: What you should do is to make ammunition regulated. Guns are harmless and easy to make. Ammunition is the thing that makes it dangerous, and that can't be made easily.

There was a comedian (his name escapes me right now, sorry) who once said that the solution to gun violence would be to give everyone who wants one a gun, free of charge.

But make bullets cost $5000 each.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I'm constantly baffled by the way America fetishizes guns and the ownership thereof. I sometimes wonder whether, if the right to bear arms wasn't in the constitution, a similarly fetishized piece of Americana, guns would still be such a point of pride.

In Australia the gun laws are eminently logical, and were prompted into existence for logical reasons. A rash of gun violence happened, and as a result tighter gun laws were enacted. Another shooting happened- one shooting, after violent crime went down following the first restrictions- and the laws got tighter still. Crime continues to drop, and yet... you can own a gun. You need to have a firearms license, register the piece, and so on, but you can have one. The government even takes the reason you want one into account: you can't have a gun just to have one, but if you want one for a reason, like sport shooting or competitive marksmanship, it's yours, so long as you're willing to be responsible.

I look at America, and apparently simple expectations like that are a bad thing?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think about gun control? FlatAssembler 93 4004 February 21, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Another Gun Thread Foxaèr 254 18912 September 29, 2020 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Proof gun control works GrandizerII 115 6188 August 23, 2019 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1643 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1011 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Just Don't Get Sick! Minimalist 6 850 June 19, 2018 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2138 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Despicability of Gun Turds Minimalist 5 792 February 23, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The Despicability of Gun Turds Minimalist 1 541 February 23, 2018 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Bringing A Knife To A Gun Fight Minimalist 23 1849 November 4, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger