Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think I am done with FB again
I think I am done with FB again
I stayed away from the site for two years, and I only recently returned with my new job.

I know that I need to leave again.

Facebook is not worth my time anymore.

At least here on this forum I have a family.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: I think I am done with FB again
To me, it's total bullshit. This is the only form of social media that I use.

I see one or two people I know using it to take a picture of what they're eating & uploading it?? Also, taking pictures of every little stupid thing they buy. They take pictures of themselves everywhere they go. Who cares..

To me, it's pure stupidity, but many people seem to enjoy it. I think there's a thrill of uploading that stuff for the person uploading it, because they get 'likes', I think. The people that like these things aren't being genuine at all, sooo what's the point?

It seems like a fake internet type of life, but I honestly don't know too much about it or any other type of social media, which for my age, isn't too common. I've never had a Myspace or Facebook or any of that.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
I like Facebook. Almost all my friends are from AF and TTA. And I have a couple atheist pages and the ifuckinglovescience page.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Okay.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
We use FB because we must. There are family members we keep track of who use no other social media. Also, the dang school system uses it for announcements. Also I use it as a sale vehicle. Also, school reunions and other like things run almost exclusively on FB. So I keep my account.

But It don't use it for general social interaction.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Yeah, I am not in contact with any of my family.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I like it here. We can post pics of ourselves occasionally, doing random things, without it taking over the forum.

And, the type of pictures and memes you see here are ones you want to see.. good ol' anti-religious ones.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' -Isaac Asimov-
Threads begun to announce that the OP is fed up with unrelated websites amuse me.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
I am connected to family and friends via FB, and it doesn't seem like a popularity contest as much as Twitter is. There are days I hate Twitter.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
There are days when I know nothing about twitter....it's all of them.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 4017 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 481 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Done with my nursing class Foxaèr 27 2239 July 10, 2018 at 1:28 am
Last Post: Godscreated
Big Grin I am done! SteelCurtain 31 1897 December 15, 2017 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2098 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is it Good to Complain When there's Really Nothing that can be Done? Rhondazvous 17 4888 May 25, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Done Here For Awhile AFTT47 38 4329 November 28, 2016 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  What do men think? What do feminists think that men think? mcolafson 53 5835 September 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  We've finally done it! Violet 49 5748 May 6, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  what should i have done in this situation? Rextos 20 2477 February 26, 2016 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso