Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Done with my nursing class
Done with my nursing class
It was an interesting six weeks.

Now I have a three day weekend, and then on Tuesday I have "new hire orientation" at the nursing home where I get to set up my schedule for working the overnight shift.  I am looking forward to working.  I am a night person and I am tired of waking up so early in the morning.  Not only that, but I will make an extra dollar an hour working the overnight shift: ca-ching!

Anywho, even though I will be "working" at the nursing home, it will still be a training process since I cannot do much of anything without my license.  The nursing home will be working with me to set a date for my state exam so that I can become certified.  I'm a little bit nervous about taking the exam, but I'm positive that I will pass it (so long as I am not given pulse or respiration during the skills section).

I am very excited to be a nursing assistant.
RE: Done with my nursing class
(July 6, 2018 at 8:33 pm)Kit Wrote: It was an interesting six weeks.

Now I have a three day weekend, and then on Tuesday I have "new hire orientation" at the nursing home where I get to set up my schedule for working the overnight shift.  I am looking forward to working.  I am a night person and I am tired of waking up so early in the morning.  Not only that, but I will make an extra dollar an hour working the overnight shift: ca-ching!

Anywho, even though I will be "working" at the nursing home, it will still be a training process since I cannot do much of anything without my license.  The nursing home will be working with me to set a date for my state exam so that I can become certified.  I'm a little bit nervous about taking the exam, but I'm positive that I will pass it (so long as I am not given pulse or respiration during the skills section).

Congrats! On the staff will be an MDS/ Care Plan Coordinator. That is what I do. I have worked in LTC for 27 years. I "like" it. "Like" is a synonym for "love/hate" relationship.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 6, 2018 at 8:33 pm)Kit Wrote: It was an interesting six weeks.

Congrats
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Good shit Kit!

Congrats, brother.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Bravo, kit. So much better to do something useful rather than waste time reading the stupid, fucking, Bible eh?
good on ya Kit ... that's the way...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 6, 2018 at 8:33 pm)Kit Wrote: I am very excited to be a nursing assistant.

Props to you Kit! I was an RN and I couldn't have done my job without the wonderful help of the CNAs!
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."  -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Empathy is the only way to true morality.           

(July 6, 2018 at 10:22 pm)warmdecember Wrote:
(July 6, 2018 at 8:33 pm)Kit Wrote: I am very excited to be a nursing assistant.

Props to you Kit! I was an RN and I couldn't have done my job without the wonderful help of the CNAs!

I was a CNA, then LPN, then RN. I agree!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Congrats Kit! You worked hard for this. I'm real proud of you 😊
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
You should have been done by age 2 at most. unk-unk

HAH! Go apply what you have learned.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stuff you have done (that most people haven' t) onlinebiker 54 4124 October 4, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Things your family/friends have done you wish. Brian37 5 508 October 19, 2021 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Big Grin I am done! SteelCurtain 31 1925 December 15, 2017 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Have you ever said or done really stupid things on purpose just to feel less empty? Edwardo Piet 21 2151 October 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Is it Good to Complain When there's Really Nothing that can be Done? Rhondazvous 17 4915 May 25, 2017 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Done Here For Awhile AFTT47 38 4586 November 28, 2016 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  We've finally done it! Violet 49 5838 May 6, 2016 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  what should i have done in this situation? Rextos 20 2519 February 26, 2016 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  I think I am done with FB again Foxaèr 41 4305 October 6, 2015 at 2:50 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Hey, Tibs has done 27 laps around the Sun, Bravo! LastPoet 15 2248 April 29, 2015 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda