Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consoles and Games
Consoles and Games
What consoles do you own and which one is your favorite? What are your favorite games for those consoles?

I currently own a PS2 and Nintendo DS. I like both equally.

I pretty much only like to play RPG games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite PS game, I've played Final Fantasy VII and X, some of VIII and XII. I have played both Kingdom Hearts games. I own Persona 3. Need to actually play that damn game.

My little sister owns a Wii, which I use to purchase throwback games like Sonic, Mario Kart 64, Mario Bros. I got a Wii-fit for my mom, which I use too. Smile

For my DS I have played The World Ends with You and Mario Kart. I own Final Fantasy III and the DS Kingdom Hearts game. Haven't played more than a few hours on both.

I'm a light gamer. I do want to purchase a PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII and Kingdom Hearts III
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Consoles and Games
I have the same... a PS2 and a DSi. My favorite kinds of games are normally racing games, fighting games, and strategy/puzzlers. My current obsession on my DS is Puzzle Kingdoms. More of a casual gamer these days.

I kind of want a Wii, but I'm leaning more toward a PS3 for the BluRay and the fact that it now offers a Wii-like controller.
I don't like the Wii controller. :/ I bought a classic controller so I can race my sister in Mario Cart.

The BluRay player is another reason I want to shell out the bucks despite being a light gamer. Plus I can stream netflix movies directly to the PS3.

The Wii used to not be able to do that, but Netflix developed a DVD for the Wii that allows you to access the "Watched Instantly" library from the Wii.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Xbox 360, where I play "The Saboteur", GTAIV + Liberty City Stories, and "Heroes over Europe".
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I currently own PS, PS2, PSP, DS, DSi, SP, Gameboy C, N64, Xbox 360, and may as well own a Wii.

The playstation is old, but it works. I'd have to say my favorite things about it were The Legend of Dragoon and FFVII. Crash Bandicoot (especially CB: Warped) is the only other franchise which I've played on the system and enjoyed, though I have a selection of games for it ranging from Um Jammer Lammy to Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.

The playstation 2 is (imo) hands down the best console a person can buy of current. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (and other entries in the series), several FF titles, Tales of the Abyss, Wild Arms (Alter Code: F, and 3), God of War (and 2, if I recall correctly), Jak and Daxter trilogy, Dark Cloud (and 2), and we're talking complete slaughter of the innocents now that I have lost my list of games I own, the lot of which a friend is borrowing... >_< But there are many great titles for this console, and it is my favorite by far.

DS: I admit it... I own this damn thing for one reason, and one reason alone: pokemon. Same goes for the DSi, SP, and Gameboy Color. Sure, i have other games (ie: FFIII and FF IV, i think?)... but those were things I saw at a store (or mooched), thinking 'oh, why not?'. The reason I bought the lot of these handhelds (save the PSP, which I bought early on in faith of Sony... that never delivered Angel ) was the Pokemon franchise... and whilst they could be improved in a number of ways (notably: character customization, dekidification, and the removal of the 'Nintendo beeping sound effects for everything, forcing a girl to play with the volume off, shamefully missing out on the music'), they are largely fantastic games (imo).

I have only 3 games for the PSP: Resistance, Rock Band: Unplugged, and an obscenely short ratchet and clank title. Do I think it was worth the price? Not even close.

Nintendo 64 brought us some great games (ie: a very nice Mario Kart, 3D Mario, more Mario, 3D Zelda, and more Zelda). Oh, and SSB. Oh, and Pokemon Stadium. Anything else? Perhaps, but I sure as hell haven't played it. How many of them do I own today? Only Pokemon Stadium, and some racing title not worthy of notation.

Xbox 360 is another great console (looking over the bloody RRoD, of course...). Fallout 3, Halo (+3, +3: ODST, and the less said about 2: the better), Oblivion, Rock Band 2, ME (and ME2, and the ending scene in that makes the wait for ME3 brutally unfair...), Bioshock, Civilization Revolution, Dragon Age Origins, Diablo With Guns (AKA: Borderlands), Soul Caliber IV (yes, with all of its flaws...) <-- All things I love playing and play 'frequently'. And there are other great games for the system.

Frankly, Ely... I own FFXIII (Xbox 360), and am not impressed (save when it comes to graphics... a girl might kill for those graphics in other games). Good game? Yes. Fun game? Nothing like any other final fantasy... that much I've give it. Take FFX2 combat (make the combat a little faster/streamlined), FFX's sphere grid (And make it more flashy and less easily understood or liked), graphics finally worthy of the PS3, an annoying/nonthrilling cast of characters (to reiterate in simple english: almost completely uninteresting, with little serious character development in anyone you actually like), a story that is worse than FFX's (seriously), and dialogue that might make a girl want to strangle Vanille and Hope (and too a lesser extent: Snow, Lightning, and Fang (Leaving an almighty one character I find somewhat respectable... and at times I question my respect for him)): you have FFXIII. It's by no means bad... I just don't find it fun. A girl should know what she's getting before she shells out ~70 USD on New Release week Wink

If there is a reason to buy the PS3: that reason is Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, and the like... if it still supported PS2 games: then it would be quite as worthy of buying as the PS2, but perhaps more so (as then you could play the games developed for the newer system). I still can't fathom their removal of backwards compatibility... Sleepy

Finally, the Wii: I own Pokemon Battle Revolution (an alright game... though a girl sometimes wishes they would make a decent standalone pokemon console game), Mario Kart Wii, and SSB: Brawl... the last of which is one of my favorite Nintendo games ever Smile

/endrant. I am not a 'light' gamer... but I hardly see myself as hardcore. If I were to label myself as anything, it would be 'Active Casual', or something. Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Hi,

I've got a XBOX 360 (i didn't have any consoles while 8 years ).

My favorites kind of games are: survival horror (silent hill, resident evil, dead space), RPG (only like Fallout, Mass effect, Borderland, i don't like stuff with dungeon and dragons Big Grin ), i really like Skate games (Skate2 is great)
"L'éternité, c'est maintenant"
I have an Xbox 360 which I use to play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Battlefield 2 Bad Company 2 most recently, though I also play Halo 3, Oblivion, Bioshock 2, etc.
(May 14, 2010 at 9:50 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: What consoles do you own and which one is your favorite? What are your favorite games for those consoles?

I currently own a PS2 and Nintendo DS. I like both equally.

I pretty much only like to play RPG games like Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Final Fantasy IX is my favorite PS game, I've played Final Fantasy VII and X, some of VIII and XII. I have played both Kingdom Hearts games. I own Persona 3. Need to actually play that damn game.

i think you and i are soulmates because final fantasy IX is my favorite PS game too. Actually, FF9 is my favorite game ever. My second favorite game is probably Counter-Strike by Valve Corp on the PC. I have been playing Modern Warfare 2 on the xbox360 and I'm starting to feel strongly towards it.
I don't think I even own any consoles. I remember getting a game boy so I could play Pokemon when I was nine or so, but I don't remember completing it, or doing any actual console games. And considering the fact that there are so many games for so many different consoles, I think the logistics of getting a lot of classic games is far more mind-boggling than my habit of getting lots of classic movies on DVD.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
I just purchased Skate3 ! Big Grin
"L'éternité, c'est maintenant"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2025 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8366 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 2957 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 443 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 376 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1877 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1152 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1152 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1806 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1220 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia