Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Underestimate The Stupidity of Catholics
Never Underestimate The Stupidity of Catholics
http://apnews.excite.com/article/2010051...1T6O0.html

Quote:VATICAN CITY (AP) - More than 100,000 people filled St. Peter's Square on Sunday in a major show of support for Pope Benedict XVI over the clerical sex abuse scandal.

Benedict said he was comforted by such a "beautiful and spontaneous show of faith and solidarity" and again denounced what he called the "sin" that has infected the church and needs to be purified.

Citing estimates from Vatican police, the Vatican press office said 150,000 people had turned out for the demonstration organized by an association of 68 Italian lay groups.

Despite a drizzling rain, the balloon- and banner-toting faithful from around Italy overflowed from the piazza; banners hung up on Bernini's colonnade encircling the piazza read "Together with the pope," and "Don't be afraid, Jesus won out over evil."

"We are here to show both to other people and to ourselves our solidarity with the church in this difficult time," said Simone Pleticos, a 24-year-old student who traveled from Milan for the occasion.

What's a few kids with stretched assholes compared to the comfort of Herr Von Popenfuhrer?
RE: Never Underestimate The Stupidity of Catholics
Is it just me, or is the Pope becoming scary-political these days...? Confused (I suppose maybe the Pope already was scary political since it's creation, but I haven't paid much attention...)
bad publicity = good publicity
You know, Watson, it was scary, political, assholes like Rodrigo Borgia who set in motion the turmoil which led to Luther and the Reformation. Not that Luther was any great shakes but perhaps we will see another schism where catholics wise-up to how badly they have been conned and tell the church to go fuck itself.

Of course, there will always be plenty like those assholes in Rome who won't care as long as someone keeps telling them pretty stories.
lmao I was raised in a Lutheran home, so that mkes a lot of sense to me. If people actually did tell the Catholic church to go fuck itself...at this point, I don't think it would be a bad idea at all. Mere evoluton in motion. Tongue
We can hope, can't we?
Indeed we can, Min. Indeed we can.
I have one thing to say about the pope:

[Image: 5080925]
I have a secret and it is down below!

(May 16, 2010 at 2:20 pm)Watson Wrote: Is it just me, or is the Pope becoming scary-political these days...? Confused (I suppose maybe the Pope already was scary political since it's creation, but I haven't paid much attention...)

The Papacy has been scary political since the C1st CE. For centuries no monarch could rule in Europe without church approval and could be removed if they upset the Pope. Eg The Pope of the day said it was an act of grace for any member of the faithful to murder Queen Elizabeth 1, what with her being a heretic and all.

Societies all over the world are indeed fortunate the various flavours of Christianity have lost their heretic and witch burning privileges,or there would be auto da feys all over the place. They'd probably be televised and would be wildly popular. These days the cretins have to settle for Jerry Springer,reality Television and murdering the odd abortionist. Must be very hard on some Southerners, who are no longer even allowed to lynch black people. Angel Cloud
It's so confusing when the bad people and good people swap sides. Labels : who needs 'em.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1997 310810 March 29, 2024 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Catholics XVI Fake Messiah 10 2493 December 25, 2022 at 10:52 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  FUCKING CATHOLICS Minimalist 4 2965 May 21, 2011 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist