Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 1:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Catholics XVI
Damned Catholics XVI
The last thread reached such levels of popularity that it had to be closed. So let's continue with the new one.

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone performed an exorcism on the vandalized statue of Junipero Serra, a bringer of death to Native American populations. Hemant Mehta: “Instead of thanking the people who toppled the statue, they performed a magic trick for an audience.”

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020...ero-serra/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Damned Catholics XVI
(October 21, 2020 at 7:27 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: The last thread reached such levels of popularity that it had to be closed. So let's continue with the new one.

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone performed an exorcism on the vandalized statue of Junipero Serra, a bringer of death to Native American populations. Hemant Mehta: “Instead of thanking the people who toppled the statue, they performed a magic trick for an audience.”

What a load of superstitious crap.

There he is in his magic clothes, performing magic.

It's absurd.
(October 21, 2020 at 7:27 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: The last thread reached such levels of popularity that it had to be closed. So let's continue with the new one.

Umm...that thread isn't closed.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 21, 2020 at 7:52 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Umm...that thread isn't closed.

Boru

Then why does it have "Thread Closed" sign and posting is blocked?

[Image: Closed-2.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 21, 2020 at 8:11 am)Fake Messiah Wrote:
(October 21, 2020 at 7:52 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Umm...that thread isn't closed.

Boru

Then why does it have "Thread Closed" sign and posting is blocked?

[Image: Closed-2.jpg]

I’m not seeing it. I just test-posted there, and it’s fine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I went and checked. It's closed for me, too. I do see your post, "test", though.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Oops.  It's open now.  My badski.

Boru
Pope gives node to same sex civil unions.  Yea yea yea, same old "separate but equal" bullshit. It's called Marriage you penis  head!

Typical of all the world's religions. When social norms over time bend to empathy and equality, religion is the last on the uptake. They always have to be drug kicking and screaming. 

Religion adapts, not because it is moral, it adapts to stay relevant. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl...004512002/

It wasn't long ago that the prior Pope insisted on bans on use of condoms.
(October 21, 2020 at 1:54 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Pope gives node to same sex civil unions.  Yea yea yea, same old "separate but equal" bullshit. It's called Marriage you penis  head!

[Image: Popus.png]
Why should a thread be closed on account of being popular?  Huh
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damned Pervert Priests - and other assorted Holy Scumbags Minimalist 498 56448 March 16, 2024 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Damned Catholics Minimalist 1994 295540 March 16, 2024 at 8:19 am
  Damned Muslims Minimalist 747 123542 March 12, 2024 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Damned Christians Foxaèr 830 113129 March 5, 2024 at 1:21 am
  Damned Hindus Minimalist 83 21963 January 22, 2024 at 7:47 am
  Damned Mormons Minimalist 216 43957 September 18, 2023 at 9:53 am
Last Post: zwanzig
  Damned Scientologists Fake Messiah 24 3839 January 29, 2023 at 8:40 am