Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet story...
Sweet story...
Simple act of patience and kindness from a stranger....thought I'd share it.

This occurred not far from me, in a city called Hamilton, Ontario:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-new...03259.html
RE: Sweet story...
1) Another reason for me to adore Canadians.

2) Gives some hope for the human species, n'est-ce pas?
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Probably not on the same level, but last week I saw an act of compassion at a sub hub at the outskirts of Vienna. It's overflowing with doves and there was one bird, obviously dying on the streets. Totally apathetic, just sitting there. A young black man moved up to it, a look of concern on his face and shed some water next to it. The dove drank a bit, but it certainly didn't help much. But it was one of these touching scenes helping me to keep a little bit of faith in humanity.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Canadians don't know how to do things properly.  If they all had guns, they could deal with these situations, resulting in death and injury for several people riding on the bus.  And the cops could have come and killed a black person.  USA is number one!

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
USA! USA!! USA!!!
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

(October 10, 2015 at 11:35 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: 1) Another reason for me to adore Canadians.

Ouais, il est une histoire vraiment encourageant, surtout avec un jeune homme.
Love when I hear about RAK's. Thanks for sharing!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 10, 2015 at 12:28 pm)MTL Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 11:35 am)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: 1) Another reason for me to adore Canadians.

Ouais, il est une histoire vraiment encourageant, surtout avec un jeune homme.

D'accord. Les bonhommes Canadien sont intelligents et surtous gentils, au moins!

(October 10, 2015 at 12:45 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 12:28 pm)MTL Wrote: Ouais, il est une histoire vraiment encourageant, surtout avec un jeune homme.

D'accord. Les bonhommes Canadien sont intelligents et surtous gentils, au moins!

Certains d'entre eux, de toute façon!
(October 10, 2015 at 12:48 pm)MTL Wrote:
(October 10, 2015 at 12:45 pm)TheRocketSurgeon Wrote: D'accord. Les bonhommes Canadien sont intelligents et surtous gentils, au moins!

Certains d'entre eux, de toute façon!

Oui, ca c'est vrai, et il n'y a rien de beau, mais la verite.

(Je suis desole pour le manque d'accents, je n'ai pas sur ce clavier.)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Condo collapse a bar stool story. Brian37 21 1159 August 11, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Beating your meat. A hacking story. Brian37 35 2151 June 5, 2021 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Blue Story: Cinema chains pull gang film after 'machete' brawl Duty 57 4761 November 27, 2019 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Update on NDE hoax story purplepurpose 12 1730 November 6, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Super fun "Toy Story" wedding Foxaèr 0 401 September 15, 2018 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Boston Globe Story for All the Future School Shootings chimp3 25 1826 February 20, 2018 at 3:19 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Disney Channel is making history with its first gay coming-out story Foxaèr 57 5964 October 28, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The CNN Story Amarok 19 7860 July 1, 2017 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Sweet Home Alapocracy, Lawd I'm comming..... Brian37 3 941 March 28, 2016 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Chad32
  No official story yet, but will post it when out. Brian37 9 3051 December 27, 2015 at 1:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37