Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ankara attack. Twin blast at peace demo
Ankara attack. Twin blast at peace demo
Everyone who followed my posts, knows that I'm usually not playing the conspiracy field. But this looks fishy and the good old question of "cui bono" comes to mind. Why the hell would the PKK or some islamist group target an antiwar demo?

I'm open for the results of investigations of course, but the feeling I got is the same when that shit Aznar claimed it was ETA attacking the trains, back in 2004. The pieces don't quite fit and the circumstances are the same. An upcoming ellection is on the horizon.

Quote:More than 90 people have been killed and up to 150 wounded in the deadliest terror attack in Turkey’s history after two explosions targeted a peace rally in the centre of the capital.

Twin explosions outside Ankara’s main train station on Saturday morning targeted hundreds of people who had gathered to protest against violence between authorities and the Kurdish militant group, the PKK.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oc...-in-ankara
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Ankara attack. Twin blast at peace demo
Could always be Daesh, no?

It's pretty damn sick and brutal, regardless of who did it.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Turkish election next month because of hung parliament. Perhaps there is a connection? The AKP would really love it if the HDP did not make the 10% threshold. I'm sure the president is willing to turn a blind eye to the attacks.

Quote:I'm open for the results of investigations of course,

Depends on who is doing the investigation though, doesn't it?
(October 10, 2015 at 2:01 pm)abaris Wrote: Everyone who followed my posts, knows that I'm usually not playing the conspiracy field. But this looks fishy and the good old question of "cui bono" comes to mind. Why the hell would the PKK or some islamist group target an antiwar demo?

I'm open for the results of investigations of course, but the feeling I got is the same when that shit Aznar claimed it was ETA attacking the trains, back in 2004. The pieces don't quite fit and the circumstances are the same. An upcoming ellection is on the horizon.

Quote:More than 90 people have been killed and up to 150 wounded in the deadliest terror attack in Turkey’s history after two explosions targeted a peace rally in the centre of the capital.

Twin explosions outside Ankara’s main train station on Saturday morning targeted hundreds of people who had gathered to protest against violence between authorities and the Kurdish militant group, the PKK.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oc...-in-ankara

It would not be surprising or all that unprecedented given turkeys recent history.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
(October 10, 2015 at 5:33 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Depends on who is doing the investigation though, doesn't it?

Sure. But if it really stinks, it will come to light. Aznar couldn't get away with his coverstory either. Cost him his political head (if there ever was one), since the Spanish people didn't like to be lied to.
It seems, the Turks have their suspicions too.

Quote:Impromptu protests began in Istanbul on Saturday evening in response to the Turkish government’s handling of a terror attack in the capital that killed more than 90 people. Hundreds of protesters chanting anti-government slogans gathered in the city, blaming the authorities for the twin bomb attacks that targeted a peace rally in Ankara earlier that day.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oc...cide-bombs
It was the Israelis.
Man fuck the priorities of our sociopolitical climate. This happened four days ago and this is the first I'm hearing about it. What a terrible and senseless tragedy.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.
@Tartarus, ditto. And I've got Turkish in-laws! Confusedhame:
Sum ergo sum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Attack on Russian Concert Hall Ravenshire 11 292 Yesterday at 11:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Terror attack at UK hospital downbeatplumb 6 480 November 15, 2021 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  A Religion of Peace makes the news again brewer 13 629 November 5, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  IS attack on Kabul Uni Foxaèr 4 463 November 3, 2020 at 8:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 407 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Nobel Peace Prize BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1304 October 13, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’ EgoDeath 148 8064 October 3, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  No peace in the Middle East, Netanyahu forced off stage EgoDeath 0 338 September 11, 2019 at 4:03 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Let The Wookiee Rest In Peace.... Brian37 9 796 May 4, 2019 at 1:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack WinterHold 7 1328 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless