Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 14, 2019, 6:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’
Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’
https://www.independent.co.uk/environmen...reddit.com

I've never seen a more childish response to a very real and much need reality check, given to us by a young girl, because adults are fucking morons and have been destroying the Earth for the past hundred years.
Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
RE: Greta Thunberg: adults who attack her ‘must feel threatened’
To ne honest, if adults have not been destroying the earth for the past hundred years, on average people alive today, including those like Greta, would likely have life expectancies a couple of decades shorter.
People who eat fish can breathe underwater.
I'll do my part by dying soon enough.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick
Some old people don't like it when youngins know better than them.
(September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: To ne honest, if adults have not been destroying the earth for the past hundred years, on average people alive today, including those like Greta, would likely have life expectancies a couple of decades shorter.

Eventually, because we've been destroying the Earth for the past hundred years, we'll have life expectancies of 0. No problem Tongue
"Our attitudes towards things like race or gender operate on two levels. First of all, we have our conscious attitudes. This is what we choose to believe. These are our stated values, which we use to direct our behavior deliberately ... But the IAT [Implicit Association Test] measures something else. It measures our second level of attitude, our racial attitude on an unconscious level - the immediate, automatic associations that tumble out before we've even had time to think. We don't deliberately choose our unconscious attitudes. And ... we may not even be aware of them. The giant computer that is our unconscious silently crunches all the data it can from the experiences we've had, the people we've met, the lessons we've learned, the books we've read, the movies we've seen, and so on, and it forms an opinion." - Malcolm Gladwell
(September 26, 2019 at 9:48 pm)Grandizer Wrote:
(September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote: To ne honest, if adults have not been destroying the earth for the past hundred years, on average people alive today, including those like Greta, would likely have life expectancies a couple of decades shorter.

Eventually, because we've been destroying the Earth for the past hundred years, we'll have life expectancies of 0. No problem Tongue

Working on it...

Smile
Sanity adjacent.

Angel

IMGUR 

Yeah, the increase in the human life span is a double-edged sword. Sure, we're living longer, but that means there's more of us, and that means more people living long enough to create more people, more people to find new and inventive ways to exhaust our resources (and siphon them off for themselves), and more fucking people contributing to turning society into a behavioral sink.

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more convinced I become that Greta Thunberg's fatal flaw is not that she thinks something should be done, but that she thinks it can be done. At this point, it's all over but the crying. Apparently, she's on the autism spectrum, and she actually credits it as being a driver for her activism, but ironically, in my case, it's driven me to a different conclusion...

Bradley Nowell has seen the truth and stated it clearly in this song:

We're only gonna die from our own arrogance
That's why we might as well take our time

This could be driven by my having a much shittier childhood, reading a lot of history, and having depression in addition to ASD and OCD, but clearly not everyone's from Stockholm.
I was born with a gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad.

[Image: 161109-WlllQ6UaSpqY.png]

Trump 2017: We're all nihilists now.
(September 26, 2019 at 9:48 pm)Grandizer Wrote:

Had we not been destroying the earth for the past hundred years, our life expectancy will still not escaping eventually becoming zero.   The difference is when that threatens we can be fairly certain we will likely have no way of dodging or delaying it.

But our destroying of the earth for the past one hundred years had not entirely been in vain.   It was a heavy price, but for that price we did purchase a sizable stock of industrial, economic and scientific capital, and these offer some reasonable hope that when the end of our life expectancy would otherwise come, we can dodge it or significantly postpone it.

(September 27, 2019 at 12:27 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:

Yeah, the increase in the human life span is a double-edged sword. Sure, we're living longer, but that means there's more of us, and that means more people living long enough to create more people, more people to find new and inventive ways to exhaust our resources (and siphon them off for themselves), and more fucking people contributing to turning society into a behavioral sink.

Honestly, the more I look at it, the more convinced I become that Greta Thunberg's fatal flaw is not that she thinks something should be done, but that she thinks it can be done. At this point, it's all over but the crying. Apparently, she's on the autism spectrum, and she actually credits it as being a driver for her activism, but ironically, in my case, it's driven me to a different conclusion...  

Bradley Nowell has seen the truth and stated it clearly in this song:

We're only gonna die from our own arrogance
That's why we might as well take our time

This could be driven by my having a much shittier childhood, reading a lot of history, and having depression in addition to ASD and OCD,  but clearly not everyone's from Stockholm.

It is can only be seen as double edged sword upon final analysis if it is not in itself considered a dominant desirable good.
We are not destroying the Earth, it will be here long after we have gone. All we are doing is causing a temporary disruption, it will probably sort itself out in a few tens of thousands of years, it's just that we won't be here to see it.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot in her own home! Brian37 12 118 Yesterday at 11:06 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pregnant Alabama Woman who was shot charged with Manslaughter of her unborn baby Cecelia 94 1608 July 3, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  I don't like AOC and her fake new fans part 1 Drich 12 463 February 20, 2019 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Yellow Vest protests masked by a terrorist attack AtlasS33 7 371 December 14, 2018 at 9:01 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  Should incest between consenting adults be a crime? Jörmungandr 63 1326 November 27, 2018 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Divinity
  Terror attack in Melbourne this arvo. ignoramus 19 345 November 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: no one
  Arizona Gets One Right. Must Have Been An Accident. Minimalist 0 79 October 23, 2018 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The scourge of migrants must be dealt with... Brian37 6 236 September 3, 2018 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her $15K-a-month campaign job Aegon 12 466 August 17, 2018 at 6:27 am
Last Post: Nomad
  Poor Ivanka, shuts down her name brand. Brian37 7 252 July 25, 2018 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Shell B