Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Outta Here!
I'm Outta Here!
Darwinian Wrote:Dear Kyuuketsuki

You have received a warning from the staff of Atheist Forums.
--
Please refrain from personal attacks on other members no matter how ridiculous their statements may be.

Thanks.

No explanation why, no idea so see ya!!

Kyu
RE: I'm Outta Here!
Ok I've looked through the post and read the warning. It seems darwinian was right to give a warning.

Rules are very easy going but there are limits. Now it will expire very shortly.

Try not to get upset or angry over it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
You were not banned. You were given the lightest possible warning for calling a fellow member a f***ing idiot.

You are simply asked to refrain from this behaviour as it does nothing for debate.

It may seem like a silly point but if everyone entertained this sort of attitude then the forum would soon degenerate into a slanging match which would give those 'holier than thou' ammunition against us.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I think we should probably post a proper list of rules before we start warning people for them. In the context I think Darwinian was right to give a warning, but the reasons why were not properly explained to people (in absence of the rules system, etc).
Moderators: Please can you delete my account ... I have tried to but don't seem to be able to.

Kyu
(December 9, 2008 at 2:55 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Moderators: Please can you delete my account ... I have tried to but don't seem to be able to.

Kyu

Over a little warning? I've been banned like 5 times from SAB. Even a pissy little warning?

Hey, buddy ... who was it you called a fucking idiot? I don't think that should be a problem but some folks want to keep the peace. For the masses. I wonder if someone narked on your ass. They will do that, sometimes.
(December 9, 2008 at 2:55 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: Moderators: Please can you delete my account ... I have tried to but don't seem to be able to.

Kyu

Is that what you truly want? Over a little warning?

I would have to see what the other staff members think first before any action is taken on your account.

Now, before we even talk of removing your account. Don't you think this is just a little to hasty? The warning will be lifted in just a few hours.

(Sleep on it, Peoples minds tend to be clearer after a good nap.)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Kyu

All you got was a warning...

I've been banned from forums hundreds of times, and I didn't care. You didn't even get banned...
You're acting ridiculous, man.
dog·ma
n. pl. dog·mas or dog·ma·ta (-mə-tə)
1. A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.
Very weird.
OK, so I'm weird, but this (as I said to Adrian) is the way I see it.

Quote:For a long time now I've taken the stance that what needs to be said, gets said ... quite frankly Psalm 23 is a fucking idiot and I genuinely believe that more of us should tell these pillocks exactly what they are. Now, had Darwinian come to me first and chatted to me personally, maybe I'd have taken a different POV but he chose to make it official (though private) and I resent that which is why I went public.

You know already that diplomacy is not my forte ... I know I'm not stupid (unlike these theist idiots) but I'm opinionated, loud-mouthed and WYSIWYG and I basically say what I say without real thought for the consequences ... accepting this punishment is tantamount to an apology and an apology makes no sense if 1. I'm going to do it again (and I almost certainly will) and 2. I'm not actually sorry (and I'm not).

So there, in a nutshell, you have it ... I am not going to apologise, I do think both Psalm and Daystar are guilty of, at best, faulty logic, at worse complete stupidity, I stand absolutely by that and the chances of me doing something like this again are damned near 100%.

Whilst I understand the intent, those running this forum are, IMO, hiding behind politeness ... many of you, based on what I've seen around in close to 15 years of debate against with these wingnuts, probably feel much the same way I do and, yes, arguably it doesn't achieve a great deal but I am sick and tired of pussy-footing abound them to protect theirs or others sensitivities. The words I used are in the Oxford English dictionary, they are part of the English language and they are relatively frequently used in conversation to mean anything from "I don't believe it", through affectionate ribbing, to pure abuse but, let's be honest about this, you can be every bit as abusive without using a single swear (or other demeaning) word so let's put it all on the table.

I am what I am, I'm not going to change for people here or anybody else because the only thing I truly respect is an intelligent and justifiable POV (no religious claim gets anywhere close) which is why each and every single one of my friends is an atheist. I'm not for one moment saying that I am going to go on a crusade of pouring filth all over this community but if I stay I will occasionally vent at the wingnuts ... that leaves you with a simple choice. You can accept that I am the person I am or you can accept my "resignation" ... if the latter, please delete my account. If the former I will assume you have no further issue with my tendency to be brutally honest, to call a spade a spade (in essence to tell these idiots when they are being stupid).

EvF says it is (I am?) "weird" ... that may be so but I prefer to think of it as being honest.

Kyu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COKE HERE, GET YOUR COKE HERE.... Brian37 7 955 March 3, 2019 at 8:16 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4