Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Knows. Might Find Something.
Who Knows. Might Find Something.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alanboyle/20...smic-rays/

Quote:Egypt Lays Out Plan To Scan For Secrets Of The Pyramids With Cosmic Rays

Worth a shot, I suppose.
RE: Who Knows. Might Find Something.
Been there, done that. It's projecting our has to have a meaning beyond the obvious on ancient cultures.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
That sounds remarkable!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

This ties into the rapture somehow. I just know it.

[Image: 500px-Fry_squinting.jpg]
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(October 24, 2015 at 1:21 pm)abaris Wrote: Been there, done that. It's projecting our has to have a meaning beyond the obvious on ancient cultures.

Perhaps but the 'tombs-and-tombs-only' crowd has never found an actual burial inside a pyramid so the premise might be, "there HAS to be something else there."  Forlorn hope though it might be if there are no hidden rooms then you are back to the issue of why the ancients would go through that much work for nothing? 

At least this is non-destructive.  Beats Vyse using dynamite!
(October 25, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(October 24, 2015 at 1:21 pm)abaris Wrote: Been there, done that. It's projecting our has to have a meaning beyond the obvious on ancient cultures.

Perhaps but the 'tombs-and-tombs-only' crowd has never found an actual burial inside a pyramid so the premise might be, "there HAS to be something else there."  Forlorn hope though it might be if there are no hidden rooms then you are back to the issue of why the ancients would go through that much work for nothing? 

At least this is non-destructive.  Beats Vyse using dynamite!

Can you elaborate a bit on what all this means, and what the tombs only crowd is Smile sounds interesting!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(October 25, 2015 at 12:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote: [...]Forlorn hope though it might be if there are no hidden rooms then you are back to the issue of why the ancients would go through that much work for nothing? 
[...]

Ever seen a cathedral? Seems like a whole lot of work for a whole lot of nothing...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Egyptologists hope to find previously undiscovered rooms and artifacts.

Pyramidologists hope to find the bodies of the aliens who built the things.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
"Tombs and tombs only" is a doctrine among Egyptologists which professes that the pyramids were built as tombs for the king and never served any other purpose.  It arose in refutation of the New Agey crap of the 70's which had them as being built by aliens or power stations or whatever.

Of course, there are two obvious problems:  One is the fact that no burial has ever been found in a pyramid and two is the even more obvious fact that if you were going to put someone's treasure inside one of those things it is like hanging up a great big "Rob Me" sign. 

C. 820 AD the Caliph al Ma'mun had a team of workers break into the Great Pyramid.  They located the internal passageways and found it in the same condition as it appears today.  The so-called "sarcophagus" in the King's Chamber and nothing else.  No treasure.  No decoration.    No sign of a burial.  Further, subsequent examination has shown no sign of any break in by the imagined "tomb robbers" who were invented by way of explanation for the failure to find anything.

And here we sit today.  Clueless.
(October 25, 2015 at 1:35 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Of course, there are two obvious problems:  One is the fact that no burial has ever been found in a pyramid and two is the even more obvious fact that if you were going to put someone's treasure inside one of those things it is like hanging up a great big "Rob Me" sign. 

They have found burial chambers. Just noone actually lying there. According to egyptian religion, the tomb has been the most important endeavor for everyone, even more so for the Pharao, who was supposed to rise to the gods and watch over his people. Also, there are signs of pyramids being robbed. Well, at least there are signs of intrusion. There's a reason for the so called Valley of Mummies after all, where, at some time, the bodies of Pharaos have been stored by the priesthood to spare them further desecration.

There's no doubt, Egyptians had a very good grasp of astronomy and I heard it mention that pyramids were constructed as kinds of resurection machines with shafts aimed at certain stars. There's also hardly any doubt that the alignment of the pyramids didn't happen by chance. But all in accordance to their afterlife believes.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something/nothing/forever and cycles. Brian37 12 1003 April 2, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Something Star Trek Missed onlinebiker 44 3576 May 26, 2019 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Something to Look Forward To, Perhaps Minimalist 16 3998 May 7, 2018 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Third Man On The deGrassey Knows Brian37 0 498 May 2, 2017 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Where did science originally come from ? Something Unusual maybe ? Thomas Kelly252525 333 30760 July 9, 2016 at 3:22 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why groups of people can remember something that didn't happen GrandizerII 4 1594 January 4, 2016 at 7:03 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Something that has been on my mind dyresand 24 3477 December 4, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  Interesting Find in Israel Minimalist 6 1424 November 25, 2015 at 10:11 pm
  Major Find: Antiochus IV's Citadel in Jerusalem Minimalist 22 3654 November 8, 2015 at 11:03 pm
  Significant Find in Southern Greece Minimalist 2 1223 October 27, 2015 at 12:42 pm