Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you wished you liked.
Games you wished you liked.
There's games out there that if they were human I think you would probably say they're privileged, they have all the looks, the popularity and come from a great family of games but for some reason I can't bring myself to like them even though I wished I did.

This is my list.

1) Minecraft.  I don't get it, quite frankly I don't want to get it.  The only people who have tried to talk me into getting it are hipsters who are trying to be proud geeks which has just put me off the game even more.  I like sandbox type games like civilization, themepark and constructor but I've just been very picky with them.

2)All command and conquers after yuris revenge  In theory I should like them, I've liked every command and conquer up to and including yuris revenge, AND I do think they got better and better up to yuris revenge.  The only thing I think it might be is the new graphics, I don't think I can get used to this big bulky details style of graphics, and the over the top fireworks display which comes with firing the weapons, I liked the subtlety of the early games.  
The earlier games felt like they were designed by people who actually wanted to play the games after they made them, the newer ones felt like they were made by people who wanted to make money by trying to predict what kids would find cool, hence all the lasers and such graphic detail on things blowing up.

3)  Final fantasy.
RPGs tend to take up a lot of time and effort, and even after you put all that time and effort in you know you'll be able to look on youtube and find an 8 year old korean kid has done a walkthru vid playing the whole thing through faster and better than you anyway.
So I'm also a bit picky about which RPG's I choose to buy, and I love the look of final fantasy but I never bought it for some reason.  I liked wild arms if anyone remembers that game, I LOVED baldurs gate and completed both of them and the expansion packs several times.
But if anyone wants to try and talk me into buying the new final fantasy for the ps4 feel free, I might just do it.

4) All civilizations except CIV call to power. 
For some reason I don't like any civilization game except call to power, I like the fact it doesn't make a difference what civilization you pick, I like the way the graphics are laid out so everything looks small and I can see over a wide area, I tried playing a modern version of the game and I hated it.

These are the only ones I have time to put down for now.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Games you wished you liked.
I wish I could like the Fallout games. They're supposed to be really good but whenever I try to play Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas, I quit after a few hours because they're so bland and boring to me.
I kind of wish I enjoyed shogun 2's Rise and Fall of the Samurai, but these games both have something that bugs me early. In Fall, researching new modern arts will cause unrest. In Rise, you're not allowed to destroy base buildings that the AI has constructed. Whatever they built before you take their settlement, you're stuck with. Not that I didn't have problems with the main Shogun 2 game, but this really bugs me.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

1. The Total War series of games.

2. The Assassins Creed series.

3. Black and White

4. Empire Earth - initially loved it but can't get into it anymore.
The Dragon Age series after DAShock (Don't know why it inserted that stupid smiley, but that's supposed to be an O). I really tried, but they were turned into action hack and slash with what EA likes to call streamlining. No surprise they tagged on multiplayer for DA:I. I certainly didn't waste money on that one.

The guild 2. Could have been such a phantastic medieval economical simulator but failed in so many aspects.

Oblivion. So much worse than Morrowind, since expectations were higher after a period of four years. Also because of shameless attempts on micro transactions. Horse armor, anyone?

DTM race driver. Got me to notice the now usual EA ripoff for the very first time. Could have been a challenging racing simulation. Turned out to be some crash car shit for roadrage kiddies. T'was the times of hard copies and I sold it on on ebay after a week.

Mass Effect 3. Great and emotional story till the third part. EA worked their inverted Midas magic, turning gold into shit with this one. Tagged on multiplayer to rake in on micro transactions included.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Meh, find your own interests.
[Image: atheist_stereotypes_by_uchihakaito-d4yng2u.png]
(November 2, 2015 at 5:31 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote: Meh, find your own interests.

If you're adressing me, yes I do. But the question was about games you wished you liked, wasn't it?
(November 2, 2015 at 5:41 pm)abaris Wrote:
(November 2, 2015 at 5:31 pm)Shining_Finger Wrote: Meh, find your own interests.

If you're adressing me, yes I do. But the question was about games you wished you liked, wasn't it?

Actually I accidentally responded to this thread with a response to another thread, so I just edited it with something that would be as short as possible.
[Image: atheist_stereotypes_by_uchihakaito-d4yng2u.png]
Skyrim.  I tried it, but could never really feel like I'm all that into it.  Maybe I should have gotten the PC version, which I've heard is better, instead of the console version; I probably would have except that I got Skyrim back when my computer was out, being fixed, and I kinda had to settle on console games.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(November 3, 2015 at 12:39 pm)TaraJo Wrote: Maybe I should have gotten the PC version, which I've heard is better, instead of the console version;

Better in terms of an abundance of mods being available. Which is a must with Bethesda games, since they're good at open world creation. Not so good in the story and quest department. At least in my opinion. Within a timespan of ten years, their Elder Scrolls are not that far removed from Morrowind. Better graphics, yes, better story or quests, no.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upcoming games you want to play Foxaèr 13 2131 October 6, 2022 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  What are your top 5 video games of all time? T0 Th3 M4X 80 8742 May 22, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: emjay
  I sucked at video games. Brian37 16 3123 July 18, 2021 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The issue with Match-3 games Foxaèr 4 463 August 15, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Stream Switch games without a capture card. Mechaghostman2 0 380 November 24, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Any sci-fi open world games? Mechaghostman2 9 1910 September 27, 2018 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Games still to be released in 2018 Foxaèr 9 1163 June 2, 2018 at 12:32 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Of new homes and video games. Brian37 7 1163 May 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  No evidence to support link between violent video games and behavior Gawdzilla Sama 12 1838 January 21, 2018 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: paulpablo
  Anybody here have any favorite Sega Genesis/Mega Drive games? ƵenKlassen 7 1226 November 18, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Cecelia