Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus
lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus
We can see that Jesus breaks promises by looking at Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14 we find the same thing:
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. "

When a person says, "ask anything in my name, and I will do it," what does he mean? Presumably, Jesus means that if you ask for anything, he will do it. What else could he possibly mean, unless he is being dishonest? And Jesus does not say it once. He says the same thing over and over again. In Matthew 7:7: "Ask, and it will be given to you." In Matthew 17:20: "Nothing will be impossible for you." In Matthew 21:21: "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." You may have noticed, however, that Jesus is lying. You can pray for all sorts of things and nothing will happen. We all know that.

Jesus promised his disciples that the end of the world and Gods judgement would be in their lifetimes is not suggesting to the disciples that it will be years before He comes, but He is suggesting that it will be a very short time: "Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the son of man be come". Here is another very interesting quote from Jesus:

1. "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
  2. "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." Matthew 16:27-28
Jesus actually said that some of them that were standing there would not die until they saw the second coming of Jesus
well that wasnt true obviously
that prophesy did not come to pass ( and didnt he say that noone knows when the end will be not even him but only his "father" in heaven knew when it would be ? but then he goes and promises his deciples itll be in their lifetimes . ) so all these guys 100% believed until their dying day that the end was imminent and nothing mattered to them not even their lives the rest of their lives were spent literally just waiting on the promised end that would come at any moment

What if Jesus tells stories that are completely untrue? For example, take Matthew 4:8 as an example:
  • Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.
The problem with this story is that the earth must be flat for it to work. From a tall mountain it is impossible to see "all the kingdoms." Even standing on Mt. Everest, the tallest mountain on earth, the farthest you could see is 250 miles to the horizon  Yet we know that at the time of Jesus, there were thriving kingdoms in China, India, South America, Europe, etc. So clearly this story could not have happened.

racism/bigotry. In Matthew 15:22-26 we find this telling conversation:
  • A Canaanite woman (a gentile) from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession." Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, "Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." The woman came and knelt before him. "Lord, help me!" she said. He replied, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs."
Jesus calls this woman a dog because she is not the right nationality and he only came for the jews and she was a gentile.

theft. In Mark 11:1-3 we find this transaction:
  • As they approached Jerusalem and came to Bethphage and Bethany at the Mount of Olives, Jesus sent two of his disciples, saying to them, "Go to the village ahead of you, and just as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, 'Why are you doing this?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.' "
How many times have you had some jerk say, "let me borrow this and I'll return it in a minute," never to see that person again? It is a common scam. And that's exactly what Jesus does. The disciples take the colt, but if you search the scriptures you find that they never bother to return it. But that is not the only place in the Bible where Jesus steals something. In Matthew 8:28-34 Jesus steals an entire herd of pigs and kills them all.

contradicting himself.
we find Jesus saying this in Luke 14:26:
  • Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and even life itself, cannot be my disciple.
OK, so if we hate everything, we can be Jesus' disciple. That's a great message from someone who elsewhere says, "Love your enemy" and "Love your neighbor as you love yourself." And don't forget that one of the commandments is to honor your father and mother. So which is it Jesus? If we want to be your disciple, should we love our enemies, our neighbors and our parents, or should we hate them?

What if you want eternal life? What do you need to do? Presumably you need to hate everyone and life itself. Then in Luke 10:25-28 we find another requirement:
  • On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. "Teacher," he asked, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "What is written in the Law?" he replied. "How do you read it?"He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'""You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

Is that true? If you do this, will you have eternal life? Actually it is not true. In Luke 18:18-22 Jesus says:
  • A certain ruler asked him, "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone. You know the commandments: 'Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.'""All these I have kept since I was a boy," he said.When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
The answers in Luke 10 and Luke 18 are totally different.

Then in John 6:53-58 we find an additional requirement:
  • Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever."
it totally contradicts what Jesus just told the two guys in Luke 10 and Luke 18. And what about Matthew 18:2-3 ?
  • He called a little child and had him stand among them. And [Jesus] said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
But is it true? If you "become like little children", do you get to go to heaven? No, actually not. In reality you have to be "born again" in order to see the kingdom of God. In John 3:3-8 Jesus says:
  • "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
But let's ignore the contradiction for a moment. Is this true? If we become like little children... in fact, if we regress all the way to infants by being "born again" of water and the Spirit, do we get to go to heaven? No... Jesus is wrong again. Because in Matthew 5:17-20 Jesus says this:
  • "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

so here Jesus is saying that our righteousness, and our adherence to the laws of the old testament, must exceed that of the Pharisees in order to enter the kingdom of heaven.

And then there is John 3:16 contradicting jesus' instructions :
  • "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
So which is it? What do you have to do to have eternal life and go to heaven? There are probably 15 other stipulations scattered throughout the Bible. There is no way to know which is right, and they all contradict each other.

(http://godisimaginary.com/i39.htm)

so broken promises lies , the concept that jesus came for all humanity not just the jews contradicts Jesus own words that he only came for the lost sheep of Israel not gentiles (sorry i mean dogs same thing apparently)......one of the true things in the NT is the warning not to trust the son of man and beware of false teachers . how do you tell a false teacher from a real teacher again?
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
RE: lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus
Wow... You really have it in for this poor Jebus fellow, don't you? Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
If this were a joke, it'd be funny. Shame it's not.

It's a fairy tale, Jenny. Don't get your undies in a bunch.

(November 4, 2015 at 2:34 pm)jenny1972 Wrote: "Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom." Matthew 16:27-28
Quote:Wandering Jew, in Christian legend, character doomed to live until the end of the world because he taunted Jesus on the way to the Crucifixion.

http://www.britannica.com/topic/wandering-Jew
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(November 4, 2015 at 2:36 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Wow... You really have it in for this poor Jebus fellow, don't you? Tongue

hes ok lol just showing he was a regular type of guy that was kinda making stuff up or the "witnesses" didnt do a perfect job of recording it either way contradictions should make christians question the legitamacy of christianity (but they probabally wont but who knows its possible)
Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky Imagine all the people Living for today   FSM Grin   Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you will join us And the world will be as one  - John Lennon

The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also  - Mark Twain
Attribution, Jenny; use it.  Dodgy

http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/jesus.htm
(November 4, 2015 at 2:36 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: Wow... You really have it in for this poor Jebus fellow, don't you? Tongue

Fuck him and all his followers.
(November 4, 2015 at 3:12 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Fuck him and all his followers.

if christianity wasnt turned into a money making business i think it wouldve died out but they had to insert the ' savior for all of humanity ' concept since the jews thought he was a false teacher and didnt want anything to do with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 5365 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits Minimalist 34 6031 December 4, 2018 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Did Jesus call the Old Testament God the Devil, a Murderer and the Father of Lies? dude1 51 8458 November 6, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Brazil's new president promises Christian Theocracy Foxaèr 36 4713 October 31, 2018 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8120 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Racism is alive and kicking in Mississippi church drfuzzy 56 6207 April 28, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  God's Promises Rhondazvous 20 3245 January 10, 2016 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  fairy tales and lies drfuzzy 43 6433 November 16, 2015 at 2:09 am
Last Post: robvalue
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7201 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  The Historical Jesus is real and He rose from the grave Revelation777 687 128069 April 20, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Senshi