Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits
I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/christi...r-lawsuit/

Quote:Christian school bars black child from its Florida campus because of his hair: lawsuit

Quote:The ACLU and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund are pursuing legal action against a Florida school that barred a black child from campus because of his hair.

You'd be better off if your son wasn't around these xhristard pieces of shit, though.
RE: I Bet "Jesus" Is Real Proud of These Shits
I’ve posted here enough that I think it’s pretty clear to everyone that I’m neither racist nor in favour of religious education.

That being said, it isn’t unreasonable to assume that the school has some sort of dress code and may well have barred a white student with the same haircut. If that’s the case, there’s no racism here.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I've heard lots of stories of kids getting banned from schools for dress code and code of conduct violations. Nothing new and has been going on for many years. If someone told me that I couldn't go to their school, I would just find another that wanted me there. No big deal.

But what is this "Raw Story" website? HA HA. Seems like they're obsessed with Trump. Went to their homepage and that was almost all they posting about, with a few exceptions.
This happens in public schools also.

Thank god mine didn't ban paper mini skirts in the 70's. I did note that most of the girls rarely wore them more than once to school.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
If not racism, this story is at least an example of the pervasive Eurocentric standards that we here in North America are expected to adhere to. People don’t realize that North America is not Europe. We are a multicultural and multiracial society where you can wear your hair as you want. It is certainly racist to expect Black people to not wear their hair naturally. We have to get rid of this Eurocentrism.

Now having said that, I don’t agree with what the school did, but being a liberal or libertarian, I support the right to non-government organizations to admit or demit anyone they want. That’s freedom.
Freedom? Perhaps. Now if an athiest declined admission to say, a christian, would that be tolerated?
It's white jesus freak assholes discriminating against a black kid.

Stop making excuses for the scumbags.

And RawStory is a news compilation service which despises the WLB, as I do.
(November 29, 2018 at 10:28 pm)no one Wrote: Freedom? Perhaps. Now if an athiest declined admission to say, a christian, would that be tolerated?

Of course it must be accepted as the right of the atheist. Freedom to discriminate. Being unethical is one thing, but you can't criminalize unethical behavior.
(November 29, 2018 at 10:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's white jesus freak assholes discriminating against a black kid.

The story appears to be fake. The school that supposedly discriminated, being A Book's Christian Academy, doesn't have a valid website. I went to a link and it sent me to a page selling hatchbacks.  I also tried it again and it sent me to a fake verification page that said I couldn't go to the site because of suspicious activity for viewing too many ads on my computer today (Yeah right, I hate ads).  Tried a third time and back to the hatchbacks. Went to a FB page for it and nothing on it. 2 followers and a bunch of reviews claiming the place discriminated.  I'm assuming peeps who fell for it.  Also, the FB has the website link, but back to hatchbacks again.

It's important to research things.  That way you're not getting duped by somebody's political movement or some scam they're attempting.

On that's note, I think I'll stay away from Raw Story from now on. Smile

As far as WLB, I dunno what you're talking about, so please clarify.  Here are the choices from The Free Dictionary website.

Work-Life Balance
Weak-Side Linebacker
Welsch Language Board
Women's League of Burma
Wilson Library Bulletin
Weapons Logbook
Buoy Tender, Seagoing (USCGC)

(I'm guessing it's something else, which is why I'm asking)
(November 29, 2018 at 10:32 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It's white jesus freak assholes discriminating against a black kid.

Here's how wrong you are. 

School's website:     https://www.abooksacademy.com/  Unless the school put together a completely phony website since the lawsuit, it really doesn't look like a place that denies entry to black kids. 

Except from the Parent/Student Handbook (which can be found on the website): 

Quote:Boys should have dark blue pants and an embroidered uniform shirt and navy tie, black shoes and navy socks. All boys hair must be a tapered cut, off the collar and ears.  There are to be no dreads, Mohawks, designs, unnatural color, or unnatural designs. 

This isn't an example of racism.  It's a dress code violation.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 876 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Jesus Would Be Proud of You, Douchebag Minimalist 37 9059 August 21, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Which Jesus is real? Foxaèr 40 8074 August 9, 2017 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I'm Tired of Xtian Shits With Their Silly Fairy Tales. Minimalist 2 1076 March 9, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Atheists, how would you explain these Christian testimonies? miguel54 44 9326 August 28, 2016 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  These atheists are right, no, it is not trolling. Brian37 11 2883 March 19, 2016 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  lies, broken promises, racism : the real Jesus jenny1972 6 1910 November 4, 2015 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  what are they teaching in seminaries these days? drfuzzy 14 4076 August 28, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  These Crasy-Assed People Made Me Write This Song (or go bonkers) Rhondazvous 3 1360 June 23, 2015 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7176 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist