Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious fundamentalism
Religious fundamentalism
religion dying in the us more and more people are becoming religiously unaffiliated and atheism is  on the rise. However though
the crazy religious right however is going to third world countries and well developing countries and  fucking them up with religion  
that being said.. said countries do not need our nutters going over there spreading their religious views.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Religious fundamentalism
Yeah, but.....better than keeping them here.
(November 5, 2015 at 11:55 am)Minimalist Wrote: Yeah, but.....better than keeping them here.

True.. but i mean those poor people......

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
They've got bigger problems then some loud mouth preacher.
(November 5, 2015 at 12:06 pm)Minimalist Wrote: They've got bigger problems then some loud mouth preacher.

True

Code:
I think it's down to hope. If you go to someone in a desperate situation and say that they can be saved by following a specific system, I can imagine why it might seem appealing to them. They haven't had someone else tell them the facts, that it's incredibly unlikely that a God exists, and to be honest I would speculate that they wouldn't care, since they think it'll make their lives better. I definitely don't agree with it, but that's my impression of the situation.
(November 7, 2015 at 6:38 pm)blahman212 Wrote: I think it's down to hope. If you go to someone in a desperate situation and say that they can be saved by following a specific system, I can imagine why it might seem appealing to them. They haven't had someone else tell them the facts, that it's incredibly unlikely that a God exists, and to be honest I would speculate that they wouldn't care, since they think it'll make their lives better. I definitely don't agree with it, but that's my impression of the situation.

Unless they're gay people living in Uganda, where American missionaries convinced them to pass a law making homosexuality a death penalty offense. (Hey, to be fair, it is biblical.) Only after an international outcry did they back off to make it "just" life in prison.

Or unless your tribe was Christianized and the next tribe was Islamized... and now you have a new reason for genocidal wars to start.

These are the legacies of our exported missionaries.
A Christian told me: if you were saved you cant lose your salvation. you're sealed with the Holy Ghost

I replied: Can I refuse? Because I find the entire concept of vicarious blood sacrifice atonement to be morally abhorrent, the concept of holding flawed creatures permanently accountable for social misbehaviors and thought crimes to be morally abhorrent, and the concept of calling something "free" when it comes with the strings of subjugation and obedience perhaps the most morally abhorrent of all... and that's without even going into the history of justifying genocide, slavery, rape, misogyny, religious intolerance, and suppression of free speech which has been attributed by your own scriptures to your deity. I want a refund. I would burn happily rather than serve the monster you profess to love.

Religion has always been good at dividing people which leads to war which means we sell lots of weapons.
How many arseholes at the top of the food chain sincerely believe in God? Not many.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Missionary work destroys cultures.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Fundamentalism or just plain Christianity. Here's a closer look at Uganda and US founded homophobic program that is really nasty. In Churches with it's liturgies that homosexuality is evil.
Then preachers also hold lectures in government founded schools:

[Image: Tv4ERLse.png]
[Image: PoPaOwCs.png]

Where they also have school plays where this boy is simulating bleeding from his ass and eventually dying after being raped by gay person because according to christian preachers there is no other sexual intercourse between gays but rape.
[Image: noBZVkLo.png]

Or in a school lesbian play where a woman on he scholarship to US has learned that after being seduced by a lesbian she cannot have kids anymore
[Image: cZwP3Dyd.png]

Curriculum adopted
[Image: rfrTVzCM.png]

Anti gay preaching is even more intense in high-school
[Image: wPTfiQB5.png]

Where the christian preacher is also showing them this nasty slide with lies that this person died because of fisting (note: I censored the nasty stuff for the sake of the forum, but it showed intestines being spouted out and hanging from the asshole)
[Image: 3h5ktapi.png]

Later reporter is talking to young adults who tell her that they rape lesbians and kill gay or at least people that are suspected to be.
[Image: QmUuYUfH.png]
[Image: YQHEQaoO.png]

When reporter confronted one of the state's politicians about how gays and people suspected for being gay are killed and bullied
[Image: 7Z6a7jQj.png]

This is hardly a deed of one or few overly zealous or "crazy" Christians that supposedly make other Christians roll their eyes, but millions of Christians in US that donate money and people (mostly young) that truly believe that Jesus Christ himself called them and talk to them to go to Africa and do the christian stuff.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study finds link between brain damage and fundamentalism drfuzzy 13 4078 May 16, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Religious bumper stickers and other annoying religious actions. (rant, sorta) DIRTY_DEEDS_93 53 12774 May 25, 2015 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Atheist Fundamentalism genkaus 73 11492 October 17, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Atheistic Dogma- Scientific Fundamentalism sswhateverlove 315 45203 September 20, 2014 at 3:49 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheist fundamentalism? Giff 16 4688 April 21, 2009 at 7:51 am
Last Post: athoughtfulman