Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's no way I'm remembering this wrong
There's no way I'm remembering this wrong
Someone borrowed the Delorean or something, because I know I remember this right!
http://youtu.be/mUIPyT21Ss0
RE: There's no way I'm remembering this wrong
In the 80's we had about 20 of those books, and read them until some of them they fell apart. It was spelled with an e. I'm certain of this because I distinctly remember my sister and I repeatedly fighting over whether the phonetic pronunciation was sty or stee. I don't see why we would've done that it were spelled with an a.

It's entirely possible that Berenstains may have changed the spelling of their name at some point...that is something that families do. 
Or perhaps I'm just crazy, complete with false memories.

The time travel, butterfly effect, parallel universe theory sounds much more exiting, doesn't it? I'm going with that.
Btw, BQ...you owe me money in an alternate universe.
It definitely used to be an 'E', because like Thena said, no one knew how to pronounce it. I had over a dozen of their books, so I'm 100% positive.
Hmmm?
Can anyone else see a parable in this?
Well if it is meant as a surname of German origin, it should be -stein, correctly pronounced as -shtyn. It looks weird with an A
Obviously, no one read the volume with the origin tale of how the bear family came to the U.S. The family was Jewish (-stein) and came from a village named Berenstain. An immigration clerk made a mistake and Grandpappy bear, eager to assimilate in his new country without the onus of a Jewish name, just rolled with it. In other words, another Ellis Island mix-up.

Think of it as a Godfather II-style story for tykes.
(November 7, 2015 at 9:22 am)Hmmm? Wrote: Can anyone else see a parable in this?

Bear-ly.
Before I watched the vid or even knew what this thread was about, I looked at the title of the vid and said out loud, "why is 'Berenstein' spelled wrong?"

It was definitely spelled with an "e". I wish I now had one of the twenty or thirty copies of the books I had growing up.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
You're a friggin B bear expert. I agree with whatever you say.
And I distinctly remember Nelson Mendela dying

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I discovered a way to see the dimensional particle VEEGTRÓN VictorEliasEspinozaGuedez 62 14632 November 1, 2013 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: Walking Void