Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams
Dreams
I just realized, I never get nightmares.

I have heard that anxiety, fear, depression, etc. are linked with nightmares, and I tend to have quite high amounts of all three of those for the better part of the past few years.

Yet, I never seem to have nightmares.

Obviously we don't remember a lot of our dreams, but I can never remember one distinct moment I have woken up since I was a very little kid, that i've thought "glad that dreams over" or something along the lines of what you'd associate a reaction being after having a nightmare. I have pretty good memory too.

In fact, my dreams don't tend to be positive OR negative. I can usually remember a lot of my dreams, at least shortly after having them. I have very weird dreams, they will be normally something crazy, like almost trippy in a sense, usually though they tend to be in another world, every time. Like I will create my own story, not willingly(like lucid dreaming) but for example it would be around something like the movie Gaurdian of the Galaxy. Not anything to do with that plot, but kind of a very different world, different rules, etc. The story never seems to pertain to me, as I commonly see for example people who are afraid of a test,"Waking up the next day and failing the test, only to discover it was a dream", i've never related to that concept whenever it's been brought up. I have fears, and images of what my own personal "paradise" might be, but never, or I highly doubt ever have I dreamed about any of those whether good or bad.

I get the impression that peoples dreams tend to have some connection to their personal life, and conflict. You might think I am not realizing that the dreams I have do have a connection, but even though I don't know, I would be very confident in saying my dreams have hardly anything to do with me personally.

Random question I guess, I don't really care, just coming to the realization.
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Dreams
Wow, really? That must be amazing. I've always been plagued with nightmares, some of them absolutely horrific.

My dreams tend to have an extremely loose connection to real events at best, and often make no sense at all. I sometimes can't even put them into words.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(November 10, 2015 at 3:27 am)Heat Wrote: I get the impression that peoples dreams tend to have some connection to their personal life, and conflict.

As a child I would have dreams about being in a war and being shot in the head. This lasted through my teens. I was always shot in the back of my head and I would feel the initial impact and a flash of red light was the pain.

I also had a dream when I was in 1st or 2nd grade about my dad running over an alien. It was a tiny little thing. It bled purple.

I don't know how those bad dreams were connected to my childhood life though, and at such an early age. Other dreams, most certainly were.

Dreams can be strange. It's good you've not had nightmares.
"My imagination makes me human and makes me a fool; it gives me all the world and exiles me from it."

Ursula K. Le Guin
I don't have nightmares, but the wife does! Haha
Doesn't say much about what we thinks of me!

I must be a carrier only.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to have lucid dreams? WinterHold 85 5827 May 6, 2023 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Waking Dreams DeistPaladin 20 4791 November 6, 2014 at 2:02 am
Last Post: Exian
  Cave of Forgotten Dreams Epimethean 0 944 June 25, 2011 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Epimethean