Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tribute to the people who died in Paris
Tribute to the people who died in Paris
So yeah..my mood just changed after reading tweets from people who were personally affected by Paris killings. I hardly ever cry, even when very sad, but am crying right now. I've never cried hearing about killings before, i am usually very unsuprised by them, and am quite strong minded when it comes to this stuff. Don't know why this feels different. After reading tweets from a girl whose father was injured and putting myself in her shoes i feel deeply sad right now. This is my personal tribute to those who died; Lives may have ended today, and after they do you can imagine the historical timeline as a pond, and every time death occurs, a rock being thrown in to it, so my personal hope, tribute, and thank you to those who died in Paris is that even though I don't believe in god, I hope the ripple you made in history was wide, that each and every one of you who died, died knowing that even though your life may have ended by the cruel despicable actions of others, you will live on in the people you have effected, the good deeds you did, that even the most recluse people out of the 140 of you that died, effected much more than just your family, and that even if you just effected one person, the effects will be seen in 10s of hundreds of people who have yet to be born, because you have influenced the way that one person will influence others, and just like that, one person becomes exponentially larger. You were a part of history, uniquely, and changed the human race hopefully for the better, even if unknowingly. 

[Image: tumblr_mw8mon81qO1sgl0ajo1_500.gif]
Which is better:
To die with ignorance, or to live with intelligence?

Truth doesn't accommodate to personal opinions.
The choice is yours. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is God and there is man, it's only a matter of who created whom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The more questions you ask, the more you realize that disagreement is inevitable, and communication of this disagreement, irrelevant.
RE: Tribute to the people who died in Paris
Very kind tribute.  I feel the same.
A truly heartfelt and unironic amen.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I didn't know any of those people, I have no real feelings towards it. The social expectation for me to have feelings towards people and events I was not remotely involved in I find to be extremely odd especially when events more tragic that claim more lives happen everyday yet the same social stigma doesn't apply. The level of coverage and the T word really seems to be the only determining factors.
Should there be some sort of charity to help those affected by it I would be happy to contribute? That really should be what counts.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
The terrorists took deliberate actions to kill disabled people who were simply out for an evening of relaxation.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  knives don't stab people people stab people! Drich 135 5836 April 9, 2019 at 8:37 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  "Arab/wearing veil?we have no table for you...". Paris racist restaurant WinterHold 25 3210 May 23, 2018 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76. Jehanne 203 24414 April 28, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Charles Jenkins has died Sterben 0 444 December 13, 2017 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  This Douchebag Should Have Died. Minimalist 0 465 October 4, 2017 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Otto Warmbier, Student Imprisoned By North Korea Has Died A Theist 25 5685 June 22, 2017 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Vehicular terror now in Paris Foxaèr 3 1608 June 19, 2017 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  John Oliver Blasts The WLB on Paris Accord Minimalist 0 750 June 5, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Al Jarreau has died. Brian37 5 944 February 13, 2017 at 10:44 am
Last Post: c172
Sad Amber Rayne has died Aractus 6 9964 April 22, 2016 at 4:26 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4