Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Story
My Story
It all started when I was in high school. I lived with my dad and my biological mom who abandoned me when I was 6. So shortly after that my dad met my now step-mom who is somewhat of a religious freak, my dad on the other hand, not so much. Soon after they started dating and all that, I was going to church more & more. Sure it seemed all good & dandy at first, but a few short years after that, thats when I started having my doubts in this so called "Superior Being".

I kind of just dismissed those thoughts because as a kid I was practically force fed this bullshit we call religion nowadays. But anyway, moving on. Later on into my teen years I was finding myself going to church less & less. When I was a little kid and as a young teen, I ALWAYS hated when people talked about religion because they always tried to force it on me.

When I was a senior in high school I met this girl who was a Christian. 6 months after we started dating the bitch leaves me for unknown reasons to this day. After a year and a half of "praying" for her to have a change of heart and take me back with NO answers at all, I pretty much said fuck it. Every time I would pray to this "being" I felt nothing in terms of feeling better about the situation. About a year after I graduated from high school I met this one guy who was friends with this other dude...who happens to be a religious nutcase.

All he would ever talk about 98% of the time was this "God". Sure I went with it to make him happy and all. But now I have moved away and I say I'm glad I did because I couldn't take it anymore. This god shit was being forced upon me once again. All I gotta say now is, I am now a Atheist and proud of it. I feel more free than I ever have in my whole life.
I Once Thought That I Had Found The Path
For So Long I Believed In All Your Bullshit
'Till The Day When I Needed You

Song: The Fallen

Band: Suicide Silence
RE: My Story
So the christians annoyed you till you left. This is a new one on me normally people see the religion for the nonscensical crap it is by seeing holes in the logic or becoming unsatisfied with what the church offered or, like me never believed anyway.

Anyway welcome James

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Thanks for the welcome. Its not that they scared me away, its just that I plain quit believing because I wasn't getting any benefit from it at all. I prayed most of my life, never worked/helped, read the bible a few times, shit didn't make sense and I had no GOOD reason to believe anything that is said in it.

Quote:All I gotta say now is, I am now a Atheist and proud of it. I feel more free than I ever have in my whole life.

Not groveling to Yahweh the Bloody-Handed and his illegitimate "son" will do that for you.

Enjoy.
(June 14, 2010 at 3:26 pm)JamesSS1989 Wrote: Thanks for the welcome. Its not that they scared me away

Not scared away annoyed away.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Well you know what I mean, same thing applies as stated above.

james maybe there was something wrong with her and you dont know it or something bad would have happened if you get together.sometimes you think that something you wanted is the best for you when in fact it is the worst you just dont know.(maybe later you will find out) this happened to me a lot then i stopped thinking about anything that make me sad as some of the problems i had before turned out to be the best for me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So my story of becoming a non-believer: Mechaghostman2 2 1764 January 8, 2016 at 2:56 pm
Last Post: Old Baby
  My conversion story, just to get it off my chest. LadyForCamus 4 1947 December 26, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Reforged
  My Deconversion Story PhilliptheTeenageAtheist 26 5405 June 2, 2015 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  My Conversion Story Rancid 16 4621 February 21, 2015 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Converted into Athiesm - My Story coolfunkDJ 15 4680 February 9, 2015 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Nope
  Recent convert - My story Regina 6 2341 January 7, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Regina
  The Conversion Story of a Kid Kloud 11 3402 December 18, 2014 at 6:12 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My Deconversion Story warlocksarebest 15 4574 November 20, 2014 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Logical Adolecent
  Another Story Raevoryx 9 3832 August 13, 2014 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Raevoryx
  My story. topher 0 1111 April 24, 2014 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: topher